Family Halloween Activities: Witchfest at Utah’s Gardner Historic Village
Gardner Historic Village is an old mill converted into eclectic shops and antique stores with grassy areas and streams throughout. It may not be Salem, Massachusetts, but it is the perfect place for an awesome month-long Halloween celebration fit for the entire family.
I didn't wait for October to arrive this year before heading over for the festivities. I met my mom, sister, and cousin there the other day for lunch. OK! I won't lie. I was really after the pumpkin-shaped sugar cookies from the Naborhood Bakery (I bought eight!). Don't worry! I shared.
Now, I need to plan a time to go back with my kids to take advantage of one of these Witchfest activities:
- Breakfast With a Witch—Take your kiddos to a magical breakfast with witches and warlords. (Check here for available tickets.)
- Ride to a Witch—Behind the village, you can take your kids on a hay ride, a pony ride, and buy a pumpkin. (Check out the dates/times before you go!)
- Witchapalooza—Enjoy a fun dinner theater with witches dancing and singing as your entertainment. (Tickets are on sale for shows Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays all month long.)
- Bewitching Scavenger Hunt—Take your kids around the grounds and identify all the locations of the witches on display. You can print the scavenger hunt before going!
- Witch's Night Out—All you girls and women can dress up as witches and gather for fun (October 14 and 15, 2011).
- Whimsical Witch Displays—Check out the handmade witches on display like "Witchey Poo" here below!
Disclosure: This website is a part of an incentivized online influencer network for Fresh Takes on Family Time Powered by Subway. All content, pictures, and fun family memories are my own. Gardner Historic Village is not affiliated with Subway or this program.
What local, fun activities and events do you have planned for the Halloween season this year? What is your favorite part about the Halloween season?