Family: How to Plan a Memorable Family Reunion
One of the most fun and memorable times is when the whole family get together. I am not talking about Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt, Uncle and Cousins, I am referring to greats and 3rds and removed then replaced! Most likely, your kids have only heard you mention the names of some of these long lost relatives. There are some important things to remember when you begin the planning process to make sure your family reunion will be unforgettable.
How to Plan a Memorable Family Reunion
- Spread the word. Make sure there is enough interest for this large family gathering!
- Invite a few family members who you know are well organized to help you. These little groups, or “committees,” can be in charge of invitations, site arrangements, food, activities, games, set up/take down, and whatever else you think you will need.
- Make a checklist; it is the very best way to be organized! Create a timeline for items that need to be done for your family reunion.
- Decide what type of event best fits your family. Some families love to dance and sing karaoke, while others will enjoy a pavillion by the lake for fishing and swimming.
- When you have picked the type of event, now it is time to choose where and when you would like to have your event. Your event should be accessible to all who are planning to attend. Make plans for all family members who are traveling a far distance.
- Make a budget and stick to it. Ask family members to contribute money, food, decorations, activities, or any other help you need.
- Make a food list. Having the right food choices can make or break your event. Potluck is a great idea so that everyone’s food can be enjoyed.
- Send out invitations early. More of your family will be likely to attend with plenty of notice and time to plan.
- Plan activities, crafts, and games to keep the kids busy.
- Invite everyone to bring videos, pictures, or family heirlooms to share with the rest of the family and do not forget to capture this memory as a family.
Enjoy your next family reunion!
Do you attend regular family reunions? What are you favorite activities at family reunions?
Robin Greene is a mother of two and stays quite busy with their extra curricular activities. She enjoys her downtime as well such as catching up with her friends to freelance writing for mybabyclothes.com. Shop and enjoy some of the latest trends this summer! You and your kids won’t regret it!
Latest posts by Lori (see all)
- Shake Your Booty Broccoli Slaw - April 14, 2018
- Easter: Making Family Traditions - March 22, 2018
- Holiday Traditions: 5 Family Friendly Activities for Valentine’s Day - February 13, 2018