Fidelity: Countdown to College Thursday DAYTIME #gno Twitter Party
No matter how old your child, the implications of sending them off to college are enormous…both emotionally and financially. While it’s tough to prepare for the bittersweet heartache of your little one growing up, it’s never too early to begin the financial preparation.
According to Fidelity Investments 9th Annual College Savings Indicator Study, almost seven in ten families are saving for college, an all-time high from when the study debuted in 2007. Though parents are making savings strides, there is still room for improvement, as American families are currently on track to save just 27 percent of their college funding goals by the time their kid’s college orientation rolls around.
Parents of all ages face unique challenges and have individual strengths when it comes to college savings. Millennial parents in particular are leading the charge when it comes to smart savings habits, with almost eight in ten saving monthly and 43 percent saving in a 529 dedicated college savings account.
With college costs on the rise, it can be difficult to gauge how much parents need to save to reach their end goal. To help parents measure their savings progression, Fidelity developed the “College Savings Quick Check,” a simple, interactive tool to quickly help families calculate how much to save monthly, see the benefits of starting to save earlier, and measure the impact of a moderate savings increase over the long-term. Click here for more information.
Join Fidelity Investments and Mom It Forward as we chat about the countdown to college—and how you can ensure that by the time your children receive their high school diplomas, you’ve planned as a family and put aside enough to help fund their education. The party will be held on Thursday, October 1st from 1-2 p.m. ET (12 p.m. CT, 11 a.m. MT, and 10 a.m. PT). Click here to see details about the giveaway and enter for a chance to win one of five $50 gift cards.
- What: Girls’ Night Out (#gno) Twitter party (Click here to learn about #gno!)
- When: Thursday, October 1st from 1-2 p.m. ET (12 p.m. CT, 11 a.m. MT, and 10 a.m. PT)
- Where: Party with us using your favorite Twitter platform. Just make sure to follow the party hashtags!
- Hashtags:#gno #College101
- Topic: Countdown to College
- Brand Panelist: @Fidelity with tweets from Kristen Robinson, SVP of Women and Young Investors, and Keith Bernhardt, Vice President of Retirement and College Products
- Moderators: @jylmomIF @Dadventurous @troypattee @MomItForward
- Community Panelists: TBD
- Party Favors: Please click here to see more information about the giveaway.
Note: Mom It Forward accepts paid sponsorships for most #gno Twitter parties. During the parties, brand sponsors provide tips, techniques, expert advice, and information on party topics. Mom It Forward is grateful for the giveaway prizes, coupons, and discounts that sponsors also provide to the Mom It Forward community in conjunction with #gno Twitter parties.
Latest posts by Jen Tilley (see all)
- Organization: How To Create a Portable Homework Station - August 13, 2019
- Sandwich: Pepper Jack and Jelly Grilled Cheese - July 16, 2019
- Breakfast: How To Make Light and Fluffy Pancakes - July 12, 2019