Kids Crafts: Olympic Torch Craft
Are you ready for the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics to begin? If your kids are like mine, they love to celebrate with all the athletes. We watch the opening ceremonies together, and set up our DVR to record our favorite sporting events. Help your family get in the Olympics spirit with this awesome tissue paper torch craft!
Olympic Torch Craft
- Paper Towel or Toilet Paper Tube
- Tissue Paper (Red, Yellow, Orange)
- Cut your tissue paper into six 6-inch squares - two squares for each color.
- "Stack" the squares on top of each other, saving one of the red squares for the top.
- Pick an end of your cardboard tube. Line the inside of the tube with a single ring of glue.
- Using your fingers, pinch the center of your stack of tissue paper squares so they gather into a "bunch" of flames. The top red square will be the outside layer of the flames.
- Slide the pinched end of the tissue paper about 2 inches into the tube. Press the edges of the paper against the glue.
- Wait about 5 minutes for the glue to dry.
- Parade around the house with your very own Olympic torch!
For updates on our latest blog entries, crafts and activities, visit the Little Passports homepage and subscribe to our newsletter. Stay tuned for more Little Passports Winter Olympics fun!
Latest posts by Mom It Forward (see all)
- Fall Traditions: Carving Pumpkins and Decorating Cookies - September 20, 2023
- Seasonal Crafts: Fall Decorating Ideas - August 25, 2023
- Meal Plan: Cooking with Chicken - July 15, 2023