Goal Setting That Helps You Focus on Your Passions
We are just weeks away from the new year and entering 2012. Now is the time for goal setting to transform your life. Notice how I didn't just say change your life? I said transform. Change implies that something is broken and needs fixing, but transformation? That's a beautiful word. Transformation. It's what happens to the butterfly. It's what you get when you make a commitment to become more beautiful.
We can only give our families what we already have. If you're angry, uptight, stressed, or rushed, maybe it's a sign that you need to set a goal to take time out for yourself next year.
It's not selfish to think about yourself and take time to make your life better. It might feel like it, but making me time makes you a stronger, more well rounded mom when you can be inspired, learn new things, and gain self confidence.
Maybe you want to do more with the kids, or do less activities overall. Maybe you want to eliminate a bad habit, stop overindulging in sugary foods, or find more joy. Perhaps you've vowed you'll start a business, learn a language, or try mountain biking. Whatever that new thing is, committing to the process will transform your mind and body.
What is it you want to transform into this coming year?
Make Yourself a Priority
Here are four ways to make sure you are taking care of yourself:
- Identify your passion. Passion ignites immediate joy! It's the one thing you could talk about for hours. Make a list of 3 things you are passionate about and keep that list on your bathroom mirror.
- Set a goal. Identify something you'd like to do that involves your passion (e.g., start a hobby, business, or activity).
- Keep it simple. Limit your goals to no more than 5. You can always add later.
- Just do it! Whatever goals you set for 2012, commit to staying focused on them. It's amazing what baby steps can lead to!
When I wrote my first book, I never set out to be a writer. I just started writing, and now 32 books later people call me an author. When I coach people through the process of writing, they almost always ask me, how? But writers write. Just like readers read. The key to doing anything is to just do it! And when you do, the world around you will flourish and grow. You'll become more fun to be around when you have an outlet for your creativity.
Photo taken from Flickr
Latest posts by tammykling (see all)
- Valentine’s Day: What Is Your Definition of Love? - February 7, 2019
- Thanksgiving: How To Give Thanks During the Holiday Season - November 17, 2018
- New Years Resolutions: How To Avoid Triggers in Your Life - January 2, 2018