Meal Plan: Fiesta Inspired Dishes
Rice, beans, avocados, tomatoes, and tortillas are common items in this week's featured menu. Broadening our horizons can mean more than just a mindful study, but also a full tummy. Mexican inspired food can always unique, depending on the cook's penchant for mild, medium, or spicy concoctions.
This week featured recipes are sure to create a fiesta in your own kitchen. Go all out and dine outside with a Mexican flag, sombreros, Latin music, and the whole family; maybe even invite the neighbors.
Theme: Fiesta Inspired Dishes
Weekly Meal Plan: Monday, August 6 - Sunday, August 12
- Dinner Recipe: Crisp Bean Burritos from Budget Gourmet Mom
- Dinner Discussion Question: What is your favorite Pixar movie?
- Dinner Recipe: Crispy Panko Fish Tacos: Beer Battered Panko Tacos from The Shiksa in the Kitchen
- Dinner Discussion Question: How are you celebrating the end of summer?
- Dinner Recipe: Shredded Chicken and Black Bean Nachos from Sarah Cucina Bella
- Dinner Discussion Question: What kind of music do you like to dance to?
- Dinner Recipe: Enchiladas My Way from (a)MusingFoodie
- Dinner Discussion Question: If you could have any pet in the world, what would it be?
- Dinner Recipe: Buffalo Chicken Tacos with Celery Slaw from Budget Gourmet Mom
- Dinner Discussion Question: How do you fight a case of the munchies?
- Dinner Recipe: Pulled Pork Nachos with Endive from Bell'alimento
- Dinner Discussion Question: What was your favorite school subject?
- Dinner Recipe: Turkey Enchiladas from Sarah Cucina Bella
- Dinner Discussion Question: What kid's movie have you seen at least 20 times?
Meal Plan and Grocery Shopping List Free Printable
Is your mouth watering yet? We can’t wait to give these recipes a try this week! If you’re interested in trying some or all of these recipes, be sure to fill out the Mom It Forward Meal Plan and Grocery Shopping List Free Printable before you head to the store!
Be sure to stop by the comments section of this post or on our Facebook page and let us know how your family members answered the discussion questions. We would love to hear what your family shared at the dinner table!
Share Your Side Dish Recipes!
Sometimes thinking of main entrees is the easy party...but what do you pair with your main dishes? We would love for you to share your ideas for side dish recipes!
Disclaimer: This post is part of our Weekly Meal Plan series. Each week, we share recipes and photos from bloggers around the web. We have been given permission to use all links and photos in this series. A huge thanks goes out to all of the bloggers who helped us create this delicious menu! If you have recipes on your site that you would like for us to feature, please be sure to fill out this form.
Top photo and featured photo courtesy of Flickr.
Latest posts by Marissa Huntsman (see all)
- Parenting: How to Help Your Child Pick the Right College - May 15, 2015
- Thursday Google + HOA – Great American Milk Drive - September 11, 2014
- Colgate: Win a $50 Gift Card and the Complete Colgate® Enamel HealthTM line - September 11, 2014