Meal Plan: Mexican Fiesta Dishes in Celebration of Cinco de Mayo
What comes to your mind when you think of Tex Mex and Mexican Fiesta-themed dishes? Tacos, enchiladas, tostadas, refried beans, flautas, pico de gallo, rice...delicious dish after delicious dish exudes all of the amazing flavors of Mexico.
As we approach Cinco de Mayo, this week is great week to feature Mexican Fiesta dishes to help get you in the spirit!
Theme: Mexican Fiesta Dishes in Celebration of Cinco de Mayo
Weekly Meal Plan: Monday, April 22 - Sunday, April 28
- Dinner Recipe: Slow Cooker Brisket with Chipotle Cranberry Sauce from The Shiksa in the Kitchen
- Dinner Discussion Question: What is your favorite color?
- Dinner Recipe: Grilled Chili Shrimp Soft Tacos from (a)Musing Foodie
- Dinner Discussion Question: What do you love most about spring?
- Dinner Recipe: Stuffed Poblano Peppers from My Kinda Rain
- Dinner Discussion Question: What's your favorite part of the day?
- Dinner Recipe: Salsa Chicken from My Kinda Rain
- Dinner Discussion Question: What is your favorite kind of salsa?
- Dinner Recipe: Chicken and Mushroom Tostadas from How To: Simplify
- Dinner Discussion Question: What do you want to do this weekend?
- Dinner Recipe: Southwestern Tortilla Soup from Ingredients, Inc.
- Dinner Discussion Question: What do you know about Cinco de Mayo?
- Dinner Recipe: Crisp Bean Burritos from Budget Gourmet Mom
- Dinner Discussion Question: What was your favorite part of the week?
Meal Plan and Grocery Shopping List Free Printable
Is your mouth watering yet? We can’t wait to give these recipes a try this week! If you’re interested in trying some or all of these recipes, be sure to fill out the Mom It Forward Meal Plan and Grocery Shopping List Free Printable before you head to the store!
Be sure to stop by the comments section of this post or on our Facebook page and let us know how your family members answered the discussion questions. We would love to hear what your family shared at the dinner table!
Share Your Side Dish Recipes!
Sometimes thinking of main entrees is the easy party...but what do you pair with your main dishes? We would love for you to share your ideas for side dish recipes!
Disclaimer: This post is part of our Weekly Meal Plan series. Each week, we share recipes and photos from bloggers around the web. We have been given permission to use all links and photos in this series. A huge thanks goes out to all of the bloggers who helped us create this delicious menu! If you have recipes on your site that you would like for us to feature, please be sure to fill out this form.
Top photo and featured photo courtesy of Flickr.
Latest posts by Jen Tilley (see all)
- Organization: How To Create a Portable Homework Station - August 13, 2019
- Sandwich: Pepper Jack and Jelly Grilled Cheese - July 16, 2019
- Breakfast: How To Make Light and Fluffy Pancakes - July 12, 2019