Mushroom Council: Win a Healthy Cooking Essentials Prize Pack (3 Winners)
Looking at pictures of mouthwatering recipes in a magazine or cookbook is bound to inspire any cook. But do you always make smart food choices that also taste good? National Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October is a good time to reconsider the Super Foods that deliver on both health and taste – like mushrooms!
Leading cancer research center, City of Hope, report mushrooms’ extract slowed the growth of breast tumors. City of hope even includes mushrooms on its "Cooking Against Cancer" recipe list. To support City of Hope and Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the Mushroom Council is providing $50,000 to fund important research on mushrooms and cancer, as well as selling mushrooms in pink containers at select retailers nationwide .
So if you are looking to cook healthier for yourself and your family, then you may consider putting mushrooms on your steak, adding them to your omelets or using them as your main dish -- they are a staple to any of our kitchens. They can also provide many nutrients we need to fight off cancer, and improve our overall health.
This week's giveaway is all about health,wellness and breast cancer awareness. Three winners will receive a Healthy Cooking Essentials prize pack that includes mushroom slicer, sauté pan and “My Plate for Mom” nutrition tip guide (ARV: $100).
For a chance to enter and win, please complete the following requirements and leave a separate comment for each on this post, including links to your original tweets.
- Follow the @MushroomChannel on Twitter.
- Like the Mushroom Channel Facebook page.
- Answer the following question in the comment section below: “How do you support Breast Cancer Awareness Month?”
- Tweet the following:
- RT @MomItForward Share recipes & tips on the Mushroom Channel FB page. Show some “Like” love! http://t.co/ZXNXmcUy #Mushrooms #gno PLS RT
- RT @MomItForward GIVEAWAY! Enter 2 win a Healthy Cooking Essentials Prize Pack (3 Winners) http://bit.ly/pbeTI5 #gno #Mushrooms PLS RT
The following are extra entries that are completely optional and will earn you one extra entry for each completed item. Leave a separate comment on this post for each completed optional entry.
Terms and Conditions
Winners will be selected randomly through http://random.org. No purchase necessary to enter. Giveaway ends at 11:59 p.m. ET Wednesday, October 5. See all terms and conditions here. This giveaway is available to U.S. residents only.
Latest posts by Jen Tilley (see all)
- Fall Crafts: 5 Homemade Projects to Celebrate the Fall Season - October 18, 2017
- Simple Dessert: Jam-Filled Thumbprint Cookies Recipe - October 17, 2017
- Craft Projects the Whole Family Can Enjoy - September 26, 2017