Recipe: Chicken & Roasted Pepper Cream Cheese Crescents
Appetizers are the life of the party. And this time of year, it seems like we go to one holiday party after the other. Which means ... absurd amounts of appetizers! I don't know what it is about the appetizers that makes me keep eating more and more. Is it the smaller servings, the cute, bite sized pieces, or the fact that most of it is finger food that makes me think I can devour an entire tray of bacon wrapped avocados and about a billion little stuffed mushrooms? I think the answer is all of the above. All I know is, I'm the girl standing at the appetizer table hoarding all of the good stuff.
That includes these Chicken & Roasted Pepper Cream Cheese Crescents. They are a knockout! I mean really, what's better than a hot, buttery crescent roll stuffed with savory cream cheese, chicken, and roasted red and green peppers? They are the perfect two-bite appetizers for an upcoming holiday party. (Believe me, I made them for a party last week and watched them vanish!)
If you are looking to save time, you can skip roasting the peppers. But really, it only takes 5 minutes to do and I love the smoky flavor it gives them. Also, use a rotisserie chicken for the shredded chicken you need. This is a huge time saver.
Chicken & Roasted Pepper Cream Cheese Crescents Recipe
- 2 refrigerator tubes of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup shredded chicken, cooked (I use a rotisserie chicken)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 large green pepper
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Cut peppers in half and de-seed. Place peppers on a baking sheet face down and broil in the oven for 5 minutes or until peppers are blackened. Remove from oven and place peppers in a zip lock bag until they are completely cooled.
2. Remove skins and chop peppers finely. In a small bowl combine chopped peppers, Parmesan cheese, cilantro, garlic, salt and pepper, cumin, and pinch of crushed red pepper.
3. In a separate medium sized bowl (or stand mixer) beat cream cheese until smooth (no lumps). Stir in roasted pepper mixture, then the chicken. Stir until evenly combined. Add a dash of salt and pepper if needed.
4. Place a spoonful of the chicken and bell pepper mixture at the widest part of each crescent roll, and roll it up tucking the edges in.
5. Place rolls on a baking sheets lined with parchment and bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
What are your favorite appetizers to take to holiday parties?
Hi, I’m Kristy and I blog over at Sweet Treats & More where I share everything from sweet and indulgent treats to simple, family-friendly meals. Whether I’m baking or cooking, I like to keep things simple without sacrificing flavor! I try to keep our meals healthy for my growing little family, but I always, ALWAYS save room for a little dessert, especially cookies!