Service Ideas: 10 Inspiring Short Videos and Movies to Watch
This week's Season of Service challenge is so easy, anybody can do it. We challenge you to do nothing more than watch at least one of the videos or movies listed below to expand your awareness and inspire you to serve.
Except for the first video, all of them are fairly short. The are totally awesome so watch as many of them as you can!
10 Must-Watch Inspiring Videos and Movies
- Watch Twelve Angry Men, a fascinating and thought-provoking movie about how we humans perceive justice.
- Watch this short video from CreateTheGood.org about how to help others avoid investment fraud.
- Watch this YouTube video about One.org and its efforts to prevent the unnecessary deaths of children around the world.
- Watch and play this Fractured Fairy Tales game designed around literacy, with your kids.
- Watch this YouTube video from the National Wildlife Federation about the relationship between sea ice and polar bears.
- Watch this collage of inspiring acts in 2011 from Yahoo. Have tissues nearby.
- Watch with your teen a cause video from DoSomething.org, to learn about various causes, like the fight to prevent underage drinking.
- Watch this video from RandomActsofKindness.org, from the Greater Good Science Center, about how science benefits the giver biologically.
- Watch this video about the Amazing Shrinking Chip Bag, or a bunch of other cool, easy science experiments from SteveSpanglerScience.com.
- Watch this video from PBS Parents about how to encourage math literacy in your kids.
How Will You Give to Others This Week?
- Have you ever done any of these things? How did it go?
- What other videos or movies have you seen that inspired you?
- How have others given to you this week and what difference has that made in your life?
How Else Can You Make a Difference This Season?
- Commit to do one act of kindness/service based on the week’s challenge.
- Leave a comment with ideas relating to the week’s challenge as well as your experience(s) performing it.
- Enter to win this week’s giveaway.
- Join #gno this Tuesday on Twitter to connect with other Mom It Forward moms about the challenge.