Side Dish Recipe: Hand-Cut Baked Parmesan French Fries
When it comes to baking and cooking, I always love playing around with ingredients. Even though baking requires you to stick to the measurements of flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, salt, etc., it's still possible to mix up the additional ingredients like chocolate pieces, candies, and coloring.
Cooking is a different story. While cooking, the possibilities are endless when it comes to ingredients and flavors. By adding a dash of this and a pinch of that, you can turn one dish into a completely different meal. Cooking allows you the flexibility to experiment with flavors and create a meal that is guaranteed to make your whole family happy.
So, what do you get when you combine the methods of baking and cooking? Well, for starters, you get these Hand-Cut Baked Parmesan French Fries. Normally fried, these french fries are a healthy alternative and the perfect complement to your main entree.
Hand-Cut Baked Parmesan French Fries Recipe
- 3 Russet Potatoes, scrubbed and washed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the potatoes into wedges and place into a medium bowl.
- Pour olive oil, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese on the potatoes wedges. Toss the potatoes to completely coat them in the oil, seasoning, and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Toss the potatoes. Continue to bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Serve warm.
What is your favorite side dish recipe?
Jen Tilley has an insatiable appetite for all things related to baking and cooking. She is the author, photographer and recipe developer on How To: Simplify, a blog that shares tips, tricks and recipes to simplify life in the kitchen. She enjoys sharing recipes that require very few ingredients and only a small amount of prep and cook time, all of which make time spent in the kitchen simple and enjoyable. Find her online at How To: Simplify, @HowToSimplify, and Jen Tilley Photography.
Latest posts by Jen Tilley (see all)
- Balanced Diet: Six Healthy Alternatives to Theme Park Food - June 12, 2019
- Recipe: Very Berry Banana Muffins - June 8, 2019
- Meal Plan: Special Meals for Moms in Celebration of Mother’s Day - May 11, 2019