Act on Service: 10 Bite-Size Ideas
This week's Season of Service verb, Act, may seem kind of vague. To act can mean to do a lot of things, good or bad. We challenge you to think of and do one simple, bite-size thing, either from the list below or of your own creation, that involves the words "act," or "action," or "activity." Be creative.
10 Bite-Size Ways to Act on Service
- Recycle something this week, like a Ziploc bag, then register and keep track of what you do at RecycleBank.com, to earn points towards real-life rewards for your earth-friendly actions.
- Find an app that gives you rewards for exercising, like GymPact, then go exercise or be active somehow, and get some cash.
- Design a fun graphic for the Gaming Nature Center to help them in their work of providing a place where people can be active in nature. This challenge is available through Sparked.com for only a few more days.
- Translate and transcribe a YouTube video for EOTO (Each One Teach One) World, which provides a global community for human rights activists. This challenge is also available through Sparked.com for only a few more days.
- Pick up a pack of birthday candles, some streamers and balloons, and supplies for a few activities next time you're at the grocery or dollar store, and then drop them off in the grocery bag at your local Ronald McDonald House or YWCA.
- Make a list or spreadsheet of everything in your family's Disaster Supplies kit this week, and an action plan for what items you still need, maybe getting an item a week, to complete your kit.
- Donate $5 through DonorsChoose.org to help Ms. Duke, a high school teacher in Columbus, Ohio acquire special ACT test prep books for her students.
- Actively play hopscotch with your kids today.
- Walk around the block once after dinner tonight and act like you enjoy it.
- Read about the symptoms of stroke so that you can know how to act if someone you know starts exhibiting those signs.
How Will You Give to Others This Week?
- Have you ever done any of these things? How did it go?
- What other acts of service have inspired you?
- How have others given to you this week and what difference has that made in your life?
How Else Can You Make a Difference This Season?
- Commit to do one act of kindness/service based on the week’s challenge.
- Leave a comment with ideas relating to the week’s challenge as well as your experience(s) performing it.
Latest posts by Mom It Forward (see all)
- Savory and Sweet Dishes: 8 Easy Bacon-Filled Recipes - January 9, 2020
- 5 Tips for Frugal Back to School Shopping - August 9, 2019
- Cultivating Happiness in the Midst of Mothering - August 3, 2019