10 Simple Ways Make a Difference
This week, I challenge you to think of 10 simple things you can make to lift others' spirits. I gave you a few ideas last year. Here are a few more.
10 Simple Things You Can Make to Lift Others' Spirits
- Make contact with a manager at the next hotel you stay at and tell them about the Global Soap Project, which enables hotels to keep partially-used bars of soap out of landfills and help the world. Those bars of soap are recycled into new ones and sent to needy populations around the world.
- Make a beach candle for someone who's homesick for the beach.
- Make a toy boat with your kids.
- Make Oreo Cake as an unexpected treat for your husband.
- Make a math game to do with your family.
- Make a healthy homemade banana split ice cream dessert for someone who is bummed about being on a diet.
- Make an effort to find one app that offers solid educational benefits for your kids.
- Make homemade laundry soap to keep certain dangerous chemicals out of your home.
- Make a budget and a spreadsheet or Money/Quicken file to track your family's efforts to live by that budget.
- Make time to go somewhere with your kids, or your best friend's kids, so your husband or best friend can have some time to relax.
How Will You Give to Others This Week?
- Have you ever done any of these things? How did it go?
- What other acts of service have inspired you?
- How have others given to you this week and what difference has that made in your life?
How Else Can You Make a Difference This Season?
- Commit to do one act of kindness/service based on the week’s challenge.
- Leave a comment with ideas relating to the week’s challenge as well as your experience(s) performing it.
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Mom It Forward (see all)
- Spring Dessert Recipe: Simply Delicious Carrot Bars - February 28, 2020
- Savory and Sweet Dishes: 8 Easy Bacon-Filled Recipes - January 9, 2020
- 5 Tips for Frugal Back to School Shopping - August 9, 2019