Weekly Meal Plan: A Warm Bowl of Soup
With winter in full force, there is nothing more soothing than a warm bowl of soup. This week's meal plan is about trying some new soup recipes. Not only is soup easy to make, but your family will love the comfort they will feel as it warms them from the inside out.
Theme: A Warm Bowl of Soup
Meal Plan: Monday, December 31 — Sunday, January 6
- Dinner: Creamy Potato and Ham Soup by I Heart Nap Time
- Discussion: What is your favorite food to eat during cold months?
- Dinner: Chicken Noodle Soup by Heather Watkins Jones
- Discussion: What winter indoor/outdoor activity does your family love?
- Dinner: Tortilla Soup by How To Simplify
- Discussion: What do you love most about the cooler temperatures?
- Dinner: Broccoli Cheese Soup by Food For My Family
- Discussion: What is your all-time favorite comfort food?
- Dinner: Creamy Butternut Squash and Apple Soup by Huppie Mama
- Discussion: Name two things we should do as a family this weekend.
- Dinner: Cream of Asparagus Soup by Snacking in the Kitchen
- Discussion: What is your favorite type of soup?
- Dinner: Chicken Wild Rice Soup by How To Simplify
- Discussion: What activity did you love most this weekend?
Meal Plan and Grocery Shopping List Free Printable
If you’re interested in trying some or all of these recipes, be sure to fill out the Mom It Forward Meal Plan and Grocery Shopping List Free Printable before you head to the store!
Be sure to stop by the comments section of this post or on our Facebook page and let us know how your family members answered the discussion questions. We would love to hear what your family shared at the dinner table!
Share Your Side Dish Recipes!
Sometimes thinking of main entrees is the easy party...but what do you pair with your main dishes? We would love for you to share your ideas for side dish recipes!
Disclaimer: This post is part of our Weekly Meal Plan series. Each week, we share recipes and photos from bloggers around the web. We have been given permission to use all links and photos in this series. A huge thanks goes out to all of the bloggers who helped us create this delicious menu! If you have recipes on your site that you would like for us to feature, please be sure to fill out this form.
Latest posts by Jill Greenlaw (see all)
- Family Time: Simple Family Fun Activity Ideas - April 29, 2016
- Kids Craft: How to Make Salt Dough Necklaces - April 28, 2016
- Encouraging Active Play: 10 Ways to Get Your Child Moving - April 25, 2016