Warming Up Your Winter Wardrobe
The days are getting shorter, the nights are longer, and Halloween is around the corner! Timex Trend Director Amy Goodman shared some great fashion tips with us this week, giving us food for thought on how to add a few new pieces to last year’s wardrobe. Try these trends for a fast closet pick-me-up.
- Autumn ushers in a range of rich colors and dark neutrals. Transition into the season and strike a happy medium with the “new” neutral color: gray. The hue, while classic, makes a fresh impression in gray top-handle bags, light gray cardigans and charcoal pleated pants. All pieces complement the jewel tones popular for the season.
- It’s no surprise that black is also back, so dress it up with color and metallics for a modern approach. Try a red silk scarf with a sleek little black dress. Mix black with silver in any jewelry combination – like a chunky necklace and bracelet watch.
- Since the rule of no white after Labor Day has long been null, take a classic vestige of summer – the white bag – and pair it alongside your black outfit for a flash of bright on a cold day.
- Take your sunny floral print dresses—yes, your summer ones—and top with a blazer.
- Shoes are a great accessory—this season’s embellished flats, sexy heels and sporty sneakers are all great to pair with last year’s basic outfit. Let your feet do the talking!
Join TimexStyle’s Facebook page for style tips, access to special promotions, and more.Photo used with permission from Flickr.