Green Living: Using a Water Filter to Save Money
Our family loves to drink water. We are constantly drinking water out of water bottles in an effort to get the best tasting water we can. One of my pet peaves is finding empty water bottles lying around. I am really trying to be cautious of the amount of waste we are adding to our environment. This led me on a search to find a solution to my problem. I have always wanted to buy a water filter pitcher, and when the makers of PUR Water Filters approached me about a post, this sounded like a perfect fit.
PUR Water Filters Pitcher
The product I reviewed was the 7 Cup PUR Water Filters Pitcher. Getting great tasting water has never been easier. All you have to do is attach the filter to the inside lid of the pitcher and fill the pitcher with water. The water goes thought the filter and all the contaminants and yucky stuff are instantly removed from your drinking water. The EPA and CDC estimates that there are up to 16 million waterborne illnesses per year associated with drinking water. Who even knew we could actually get sick from drinking tap water?
If you are frugal like I am, then you will be glad to know that the Eco-friendly PUR Pays for Itself. By switching from bottled water to drinking tap water filtered by PUR, consumers can save up to $1,000 per year. Aside from the annual savings, PUR also helps the planet by reducing some of the 38 billion plastic water bottles that are discarded in the U.S. every year.
Here are some additional benefits of using a PUR Water Filter
Benefits of PUR 7-Cup Pitcher:
- The pitcher holds seven 8 oz glasses of water.
- It removes an average of 96% of trace levels of pharmaceuticals. It's the only pitcher filter that has been tested to remove up to an average of 96% of trace levels of pharmaceuticals.
- It's compact design fits easily in a refrigerator and keeps water cold while occupying the least amount of refrigerator shelf space.
- Each water pitcher filter provides up to 40 gallons of clean water.
- For more information visit Pur Water Filters.
I have been using this pitcher for over a month now, and I really love it. Having great tasting water has never been easier. It makes me feel good to know that not only am I helping the environment, but I'm offering water to my family that is safe and free of any harmful substances.
What are you doing to make sure your family has safe drinking water?
Jill Greenlaw has a banking background. She gave that up 17 years ago when she got married and started having kids. She loved being a stay-at-home mom while raising her four beautiful children. A few years ago, Jill went back to work in sales. She is now working for the Mom It Forward team as their Community Manager. She loves her job. Her interests include camping, motorcycling, boating, photography, reading, cooking, and traveling. Put her in flip flops anywhere warm and she is happy.
I was compensated for this post with product. All opinions in the post are my own.
Latest posts by Jill Greenlaw (see all)
- Round Up: Favorite Holiday Dessert Recipes - December 9, 2016
- Fall Decor: “Give Thanks” Wood Craft Project - November 13, 2016
- Holiday Entertaining: 5 Thanksgiving Table Decorating Ideas - November 9, 2016