Weekly Meal Plan: Delicious Seafood Recipes
There’s something about bitter cold that makes me think about fish. Maybe it’s because of all the movies with fishermen fighting the waves in an icy rain. Maybe it’s because of Seattle’s Fish Market that for me always requires a jacket. Whatever it is, I think it's a great reason for fish on our plates.
Whether you live by the coast or miles from it, seafood is a delicious and healthy option for this week’s dinners. Fish is known to prevent major diseases as well as supply your body with nutrients such as Vitamin B-12, iron, and protein. Eating seafood will strengthen your heart, brain, nervous system, and even your hair and skin. Get ready for an extra dose of energy this week as we explore the art of seafood.
Theme: The Fish of the Sea
Meal Plan: Monday, February 18 - Sunday, February 24
- Dinner: Lobster Bisque by Gimme Some Oven
- Discussion: How many licks does it take to get to the center of a lollipop?
- Dinner: Breaded Shrimp by Jamie Cooks it Up!
- Discussion: If traveling a far distance, would you choose to take a plane, train, car, or boat?
- Dinner: Garlic Flavor Crab Legs by (a)Musing Foodie
- Discussion: How many different colors of crayons can you name?
- Dinner: Soy Ginger Salmon and Sesame Green Beans by Taste and Tell
- Discussion: What is your least favorite chore to do around the house?
- Dinner: Healthy Baked Salmon Nuggets by Super Glue Mom
- Discussion: What did you do at recess today?
- Dinner: Cilantro-Lime Fish Cakes with Sriracha Lime Mayonnaise by Food For My Family
- Discussion: What is your favorite kind of cake?
- Dinner: Baked Tilapia Fish Tacos by Home Cooking Memories
- Discussion: How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Keep dessert light with Meyer Lemon Custard Tart by Foodie Crush.
Meal Plan and Grocery Shopping List Free Printable
If you’re interested in trying some or all of these recipes, be sure to fill out the Mom It Forward Meal Plan and Grocery Shopping List Free Printable before you head to the store!
Stop by the comments section of this post or on our Facebook page and let us know how your family members answered the discussion questions. We would love to hear what your family shared at the dinner table!
Share Your Side Dish Recipes!
Sometimes thinking of main entrees is the easy part...but what do you pair with your main dishes? We would love for you to share your ideas for side dish recipes!
Disclaimer: This post is part of our Weekly Meal Plan series. Each week, we share recipes and photos from bloggers around the web. We have been given permission to use all links and photos in this series. A huge thanks goes out to all of the bloggers who helped us create this delicious menu! If you have recipes on your site that you would like for us to feature, please be sure to fill out this form.
Latest posts by Cambria VandeMerwe (see all)
- Thank You: Fun Ideas For End of Year Teacher Gifts - May 12, 2015
- Travel: Top 5 St. Patrick’s Day Destinations - February 24, 2015
- Weekly Meal Plan: Favorite Spring Recipes - February 20, 2015