The Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Diagon Alley Exclusive
“Welcome,” said Hagrid “to Diagon Alley.”
Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Diagon Alley
Dragons, magic passageways, and extendable ears – there is no place that compares to the world of Harry Potter. For years children and adults have huddled under the sheets of their bed to read “one more chapter” before bed. Magic and wonder filled dreams and movies brought those imaginings to the silver screen. And just like the village of Hogsmeade and Hogwarts: School of Witchcraft and Wizardy, the iconic Diagon Alley and Muggle London is opening this summer at Universal Orlando Resort.
Muggle London and King's Cross Station
Just like Harry, Hermione, and Ron families will be able to travel from Platform 9¾ and arrive at the Hogsmeade’s platform – ready to begin their magical journey. Don’t forget to stick out your wand in Mugggle London and take a picture with the iconic Knight Bus, “emergency transport for the stranded witch or wizard.”
Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringott's
A multi-demensional experience filled with goblins and wizards. Be sure to make a stop and exchange your Muggle money for Knuts, Sickles, and Galleons. Seventeen Sickles to a Galleon and twenty-nine Knuts for a Sickle.
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Diagon Alley Shops
- Madam Malkin’s Robes for All Occasions is the place to get your school uniforms, House merchandise, and character costumes.
- Magical Menargie is a must stop shop where you can purchase a magical pet to take with you to Hogwart’s. Owls, snakes, toads, rats, and cats can be found here. Will you choose an owl like Hedwig or perhaps a cat like Hermione?
- Ollivanders Wand Shop is moving from its location in Hogsmeade to Diagon Alley where it will boast THREE wand showing rooms instead of one. Stop by and witness the magic as wands choose their witch or wizard.
- Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes, aka Weasley & Weasley, is the best joke shop in both the Muggle world and the Wizarding one. Check out all the screaming yo-yos, extendable ears, and to transform into a Hogwart’s latest prankster.
- Quality Quidditch Equipment features products for the Wizard sport. Everything from team apparel to broomsticks can be found for every keeper, chaser, beater, and seeker.
Be sure to stop for an authentic British meal at The Leaky Cauldron – a detail-rich establishment. And enjoy a frozen treat form Harry’s favorite ice cream parlor – Florean’s Fortescue’s Ice Cream Parlour.
You-Know-Who and his Death Eaters have been defeated by Hogwart's students, professors, and members of the Order of the Phoenix yet the foreboding alley remains tucked away in Diagon Alley. Stop by Borgin and Burkes for all dark objects including Death Eater masks.
Exclusive Universal Orlando Resort: Diagon Alley Webcast
On January 23, 2014 Universal Orlando Resort hosted a live webcast to announce the latest details emerging from The Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Diagon Alley. Joining the Universal team were actors Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom), Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood), and Oliver Phelps (Fred Weasley). The Harry Potter stars were shown the new project and here is what they had to say!
Matthew Lewis – The attention to detail is second to none. When you make a film, you see fractions of the world. It is disconnected and moved around. It’s a set. But at Universal, it is a total 3-D immersive experience with sights and sounds in every direction.
Evanna Lynch – The Hogwart’s Express is real! It’s authentic, more so than the set!
Oliver Phelps – Harry Potter fans will not be disappointed with Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes located in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Diagon Alley. Just as the movie, the shop boasts three levels and is filled with mischief.
2014 is our second year of hosting our Family Forward Retreat and we are hosting 3 events during this year for bloggers and their families. Our August Family Forward Retreat takes us to Universal Orlando Resort where you can experience not only the magic of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Diagon Alley and travel to Hogwart’s and the village of Hogsmeade via the Hogwart's Express. Family Forward is a retreat for the entire family that focuses on strengthening families. Be sure to check out our three events this year at familyforward.com.
Above images courtesy of Universal Orlando Resort.
Latest posts by Marissa Huntsman (see all)
- Parents: How Fathers Can Build Relationships With Their Kids - May 30, 2017
- Best of — Family Vacation Tips - May 24, 2017
- Meal Plan: Not Your Mother’s Vegetables - May 2, 2017