Chicago Travel: 5 Tips for Family Vacations
5 Recommendations for Chicago Travel
Last summer, I traveled to the Midwestern city of Chicago. Having never been, I made sure to do all of the touristy things that Chi-town has to offer. Here are 5 must-dos when you travel to Chicago:
1. Get a slice (or two) of deep dish pizza.
2. Visit the Shedd Aquarium.
This is the perfect place to take the whole family. Plus, it will even bring out your own childlike sense of wonder. There are so many animals to be seen!
3. Enjoy a ballgame in Wrigleyville.
Take me out to the ballgame! Located not too far from Downtown Chicago, the Cubs Stadium is a fun place to take part in the American institution of baseball. (Don't worry! I didn't wear this White Sox colored outfit to the game!)
4. Hang out at Navy Pier.
Navy Pier is so fun! It has a variety of food and games, a movie theater, boat rides, and, my favorite, a Ferris Wheel that shows you stunning views of the city. This is a perfect place to take your kids and family for some fun.
5. Play in Millennium Park.
You can see the bean, the amazing concert venue, and pop over to the Art Institute of Chicago all in one swoop. The bean is a fun and interesting way to view the Chicago skyline.
What are your favorite things to do in Chicago?
Latest posts by Brooke Johnson (see all)
- Monday Night Football Appetizers: 5 Finger Foods for A Game - January 23, 2017
- Holiday Kids Crafts: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day - January 9, 2017
- Me Time: 5 New Year’s Resolutions to Consider Making - December 27, 2016