Chicken Pot Pie Soup and Parmesan Biscuits
Chicken Pot Pie is one of my favorite recipes. When I saw this Chicken Pot Pie Soup and Parmesan Biscuits recipe online, I knew I had to give it a try. It reminded me of the homemade soups my mom used to make when I was little. Not only is the recipe the perfect comfort food, it is easy on your pocketbook. The total cost for this recipe that serves 4 to 6 people is under $10. Now that is a meal you can get excited about.
Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- 5 TBSP butter
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 6 TBSP flour
- 1 (15 oz) can chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp direct crushed rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup frozen peas
Parmesan Drop Biscuits
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
Instructions for Soup:
- In a large pot, melt butter. Add onion and celery and cook until tender.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 1/2 minutes. Stir constantly. Use a whisk to add in milk and chicken broth.
- Add potatoes, carrots, parsley, thyme, rosemary and bay leaf. Season with salt and pepper until desired taste.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Stir constantly. Reduce head to medium-low and simmer mixture until the potatoes are tender.
- Add chicken, cream, and lemon juice. Add peas and cook until heated through. Add additional milk if the soup is a little thick. Remove bay leaf and serve with warm Parmesan biscuit.
Instructions for Biscuits:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Mix together flour, baking powder, salt, pepper and garlic powder in a bowl.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese. Use your fingers to mix. Rub butter into the mixture until it is evenly distributed throughout the dough. Butter should be in pea-sized lumps.
- Pour milk and heavy cream into dry mixture and stir. Batter should be lumpy and sticky. Drop 1/4 cup of batter evenly distributed on a backing sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly brown.
Recipe serves 4-6 people
What is your favorite comfort food?
Recipe adapted from MyCrazyKouponLady
Latest posts by Jill Greenlaw (see all)
- Valentine’s Day Printables: Love Notes for Kids and Teenagers - January 23, 2017
- Recipe: Valentine Tablescape Ideas - January 20, 2017
- Ingredients for the Perfect Super Bowl Party - January 19, 2017