Easy Salted Caramel Popcorn
With the holidays and cooler days comes evenings snuggled with a family movie fun night and yummy popcorn. Indulge your sweet tooth with this Easy Salted Caramel Popcorn recipe which only uses three ingredients and takes no time at all. It's the perfect fall comfort food!
One of my weaknesses, is a big ol' bowl of popcorn. Any kind of popcorn really. Some days I love a salty, buttery popcorn. Some days it's a big bag of kettle corn (seriously...who can resist that smell). And some days I have to make my own caramel corn. Well, today I wanted something a little salty and a little sweet so I added a bunch of salt to the cooling caramel and it was divine!
Pure happiness is only three small ingredients and less than 10 minutes away. Yep, you heard me...10 minutes! My tips for an amazing snack:
- pick a microwave popcorn that doesn't have any other flavors, no butter flavor (I used a simply salted version)
- use less caramel, you want to taste the popcorn and not be totally overwhelmed with sugar
- use good coarse sea salt (kosher salt will work too)
Easy Salted Caramel Popcorn Recipe
Ingredients for Easy Salted Caramel Popcorn
- 1 bag microwave popcorn (choose one that has no butter or other flavorings)
- 1/2 - 1 bag caramels (I used half and bag and it was plenty, but use more if you want more caramel)
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
Directions for Easy Salted Caramel Popcorn
1. Pop popcorn according to package directions. Let cool.
2. While popcorn is cooling, unwrap caramels and place in a microwave safe bowl. Add 1/2 - 1 tsp water (according to package instructions for melting) and microwave on high for 2 - 2 1/2 minutes, stirring after each minute. Caramel will be extremely hot when melted.
3. In a large bowl, combine popcorn and caramel. Stir well to coat the popcorn. Spread out on a large piece of waxed paper. 4. After spreading out on wax paper, generously sprinkle with coarse sea salt. Allow to cool before enjoying.
Now the only question is whether you'll get to eat any of this treat or if your kids will beat you to it!