Festive Drink: Holiday Punch Recipe
The funnest part of Christmas dinner is making things you wouldn't normally eat. Holidays are times to go gourmet. In the first three posts in this five-part series, we shared fabulous recipes for Goat Cheese Pops Rolled in Pecans, Herbs, and Bacon. Next, we continued our goat cheese theme with Goat Cheese and Sage Mashed Potatoes. Then, we added in something a little bit more traditional, a Prime Rib Roast. And finally, we chatted sweet treats with these simple, but delicious chocolate and vanilla cupcakes.
But no dinner is complete without a drink to wash it down. And as long as we're going gourmet, why not go all out for the drinks.
Growing up, my mom always got creative with punch. She had a huge punch bowl and lots of fancy glasses to go with it. She set it on a table all by itself, creating a punch station of sorts. If she set it out before the meal, we'd wouldn't eat our meal. We would drink so much we'd feel full.
She started a legacy of fun dinner drinks, with the most fun of all being this slushy variety, which is also one of my favorites. Try it! Whether you put your punch in fancy glasses or mason jars, I promise it doesn't disappoint.
Holiday Punch Recipe
- 20 C (5 qts) water
- 3 C sugar
- 1 12 oz. frozen orange juice
- 1 12ox. frozen lemonade
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons almond extract
- Sprite, Ginger Ale or 7 Up (1 gal of slush to 3 1/2 litres of soda)
- Mix together all of the ingredients in a large punch bowl.
- Place the bowl in the freezer for a few hours until the mixture becomes frozen.
- Remove the bowl from the freezer and allow 20 minutes to slightly thaw.
- Add the Sprite, Ginger Ale, or 7 Up and stir to combine before serving.
Check out all the delicious holiday dinner meal ideas in these posts:
- Goat Cheese and Bacon Pops Appetizer Recipe
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes With Goat Cheese and Sage Recipe
- Prime Rib Roast Recipe
- Snowman Chocolate and Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
What is your favorite holiday beverage?
Photo courtesy of How To: Simplify.
Latest posts by momitforward (see all)
- Holiday Dessert: Snowman Chocolate and Vanilla Cupcakes - December 21, 2017
- Festive Drink: Holiday Punch Recipe - November 24, 2017
- Slow Cooker Recipe: Beef Bourguignon - March 11, 2011