Italian Pork Tenderloin
I am sure you have all seen those prepackaged, pre-seasoned pork loins in your grocer meat section. What a great idea for a quick and easy protein packed dinner. The only problem with those prepackaged things is all of the chemicals and preservatives that are added. I personally don't know exactly how harmful they are to your body, but it just doesn't seem right to me. Especially, when you can do it at home for a much better taste and it is super easy.
To really add freshness and save money grow your own herbs. You can do it any time of year in your house. For less than the cost of one jar of seasoning you can buy a package of seeds.
Growing your own herbs:
Get a nice pot and some potting mix. Sow the seeds into the soil and keep it in a sunny spot. You will need to water it everyday until the seeds sprout. Once the seeds sprout water every few days, just when the top layer of soil begins to dry. In 6-8 weeks you will be ready to harvest. Cut the herbs tied together in bunches and hang upside down in a cool dry place.
- 1 3-4 pound pork tenderloin
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs dried rosemary
- 1 tbs red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2-3 tsp coarse kosher salt
- 2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Take pork loin and rub generously with olive oil.
- In a small dish mix all the spices together.
- Once mixed rub the spice mixture into the meat covering the whole loin.
- Heat a large stainless steal skillet over medium high heat, place loin in pan and sear on each side 2-4 minutes, till it gets a nice crust and turns golden brown.
- Place entire pan into oven and finish cooking 20-30 minutes.
Serve with a medley of roasted root vegetables and you have yourself a hearty and healthy meal for 4.By Krissy Stark a cooking enthusiast who shares her wonderful recipes with our partner a baby clothes boutique. Check them out next time you need a baby gift, you won't be disappointed with their selection of baby hats and flowered baby headbands.
Latest posts by Lori (see all)
- Easter: Making Family Traditions - April 14, 2017
- Healthy Eating: How to Teach Teens Healthy Eating Habits - February 23, 2017
- Parenting Advice: How to Handle Unsolicited Feedback From Grandma - February 13, 2017