Meal Plan: Comfort Food Recipes for Cold Weather Days
The winter is upon us and nothing is more soothing than comforting meals that keep the entire family full. This week's meal plan is all about comfort foods that will help you and your family brave the colder temperatures.
Theme: Comfort Food During Chilly Days
Weekly Meal Plan: Monday, January 28 — Sunday, February 3
- Dinner Recipe: Chicken Stew and Drop Biscuit Dumplings from (a)Musing Foodie
- Dinner Discussion Question: If you had your own cooking show, what kind of food would you make?
- Dinner Recipe: Herbed Lemon Chicken Noodle Soup from
- Dinner Discussion Question: What types of activities do you like to do in warm weather?
- Dinner Recipe: Thick Oven Baked Chili from Barbara Bakes
- Dinner Discussion Question: If you could choose where to live, would you live? Where it's hot or cold?
- Dinner Recipe: Chicken Pot Pie with Herbed Potato Crust from The Cheeky Kitchen
- Dinner Discussion Question: What is the craziest thing you've ever eaten?
- Dinner Recipe: Grown Up Mac & Cheese from The Cheeky Kitchen
- Dinner Discussion Question: What is your favorite Dr. Seuss book?
- Dinner Recipe: Tomato Basil Soup from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Dinner Discussion Question: Tell us a story about something that happened at school, then make up one and we'll guess which one is true.
- Dinner Recipe: Lazy Day Beef Stew from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Dinner Discussion Question: If you could plan the menu for an entire day, what would we eat for each meal?
Meal Plan and Grocery Shopping List Free Printable
Is your mouth watering yet? We can’t wait to give these recipes a try this week! If you’re interested in trying some or all of these recipes, be sure to fill out the Mom It Forward Meal Plan and Grocery Shopping List Free Printable before you head to the store!
Be sure to stop by the comments section of this post or on our Facebook page and let us know how your family members answered the discussion questions. We would love to hear what your family shared at the dinner table!
Disclaimer: This post is part of our Weekly Meal Plan series. Each week, we share recipes and photos from bloggers around the web. We have been given permission to use all links and photos in this series. A huge thanks goes out to all of the bloggers who helped us create this delicious menu! If you have recipes on your site that you would like for us to feature, please be sure to fill out this for
Latest posts by Jen Tilley (see all)
- Easter Treat: Monkey Bread Bird Nests - March 23, 2020
- Gift Ideas: Easy Spring and Easter Crafts - February 23, 2020
- Organization: How To Create a Portable Homework Station - August 13, 2019