Meal Plan: Not Your Mother’s Vegetables
We tell our children to eat their vegetables just like our mothers told us to eat ours. In this day and age of processed food, good old vegetables are gaining new popularity due to their health benefits, such as clear skin, shiny and strong hair, good eye sight, and many others.
Corn, mushrooms, squash, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, tomato, zucchini, lettuce, artichokes, and eggplant are just some of the vegetables featured in this week's meal plan. Vegetables do not just need to come from a can and sit in a bowl during dinner time. They can add some pizzazz to your entree and give some much needed nutrients.
Theme: Not Your Mother's Vegetables
Weekly Meal Plan: Monday, May 20 - Sunday, May 26
- Dinner Recipe: Vegetable Matzo Pie from The Shiksa in The Kitchen
- Dinner Discussion Question: What is your favorite boardgame?
- Dinner Recipe: Roasted Spring Vegetable Herbed Risotto from Sarah's Cucina Bella
- Dinner Discussion Question: What is your favorite zoo animal and why?
- Dinner Recipe: Oven Braised Artichokes with Garlic & Thyme from Gourmande in the Kitchen
- Dinner Discussion Question: How does your family spend time together during the summer?
- Dinner Recipe: Grilled Vegetable Salad from The Shiksa in the Kitchen
- Dinner Discussion Question: If money wasn't a factor, what would be your dream vacation?
- Dinner Recipe: Roasted Butternut Squash, Brussels Sprouts, & Onions from Sarah's Cucina Bella
- Dinner Discussion Question: What was the last movie you went and saw? Was it worth it?
- Dinner Recipe: Peperoni Croccanti from Bell'alimento
- Dinner Discussion Question: Are you a spur of the moment person or do you plan everything out?
- Dinner Recipe: Pasta with Peas, Asparagus, & Bacon from The Merry Gourmet
- Dinner Discussion Question: What are your favorite sports to play during the summer?
Meal Plan and Grocery Shopping List Free Printable
Is your mouth watering yet? We can’t wait to give these recipes a try this week! If you’re interested in trying some or all of these recipes, be sure to fill out the Mom It Forward Meal Plan and Grocery Shopping List Free Printable before you head to the store!
Be sure to stop by the comments section of this post or on our Facebook page and let us know how your family members answered the discussion questions. We would love to hear what your family shared at the dinner table!
Share Your Side Dish Recipes!
Sometimes thinking of main entrees is the easy party...but what do you pair with your main dishes? We would love for you to share your ideas for side dish recipes!
Disclaimer: This post is part of our Weekly Meal Plan series. Each week, we share recipes and photos from bloggers around the web. We have been given permission to use all links and photos in this series. A huge thanks goes out to all of the bloggers who helped us create this delicious menu! If you have recipes on your site that you would like for us to feature, please be sure to fill out this form.
Top photo and featured photo courtesy of Flickr.
Latest posts by Mom It Forward (see all)
- Wooden Pallet Craft: How to Make a Garden Grow Box - April 11, 2023
- St. Patrick’s Day Party - March 14, 2023
- Spring Dessert Recipe: Simply Delicious Carrot Bars - March 3, 2023