Meal Plan: Recipes Straight From the Garden
The temps are rising all over and as we get into the thick of the spring season, nurseries are becoming more and more packed with people who are selecting flowers, herbs, and plants for their gardens. This past weekend, I spent a couple of days getting down and dirty in my gardens as I planted flowers, tomatoes, dill, basil, rosemary, bell peppers, parsley...the list can go on and on.
What types of flowers, herbs, vegetables, and fruits will you be planting this year? In celebration of garden planting season, I'm sharing with you recipes straight from the garden!
Theme: Recipes Straight From the Garden
Weekly Meal Plan: Monday, April 16 — Sunday, April 22
- Dinner Recipe: Garden Vegetable Medley from The Shiksa in the Kitchen
- Dinner Discussion Question: What is your favorite vegetable?
- Dinner Recipe: Lemon Basil Garden Pasta from La Casa de Sweets
- Dinner Discussion Question: What do you love most about spring?
- Dinner Recipe: Spicy Thai Tuna and Fennel Salad from The Lovely Pantry
- Dinner Discussion Question: What is/was your favorite subject in school?
- Dinner Recipe: Roasted Vegetable Quinoa from Sarah's Cucina Bella
- Dinner Discussion Question: What is your favorite animal and why?
- Dinner Recipe: Potato Pizza from Bell'alimento
- Dinner Discussion Question: What is your favorite pizza topping?
- Dinner Recipe: Ziti with Roasted Vegetables from Ingredients, Inc.
- Dinner Discussion Question: What was the best part of your day?
- Dinner Recipe: Braised Short Ribs with Vegetables and Herbs from Bell'alimento
- Dinner Discussion Question: What are you looking forward to this week?
Meal Plan and Grocery Shopping List Free Printable
Is your mouth watering yet? We can’t wait to give these recipes a try this week! If you’re interested in trying some or all of these recipes, be sure to fill out the Mom It Forward Meal Plan and Grocery Shopping List Free Printable before you head to the store!
Be sure to stop by the comments section of this post or on our Facebook page and let us know how your family members answered the discussion questions. We would love to hear what your family shared at the dinner table!
Share Your Side Dish Recipes!
Sometimes thinking of main entrees is the easy party...but what do you pair with your main dishes? We would love for you to share your ideas for side dish recipes!
Disclaimer: This post is part of our Weekly Meal Plan series. Each week, we share recipes and photos from bloggers around the web. We have been given permission to use all links and photos in this series. A huge thanks goes out to all of the bloggers who helped us create this delicious menu! If you have recipes on your site that you would like for us to feature, please be sure to fill out this form.
Top photo and featured photo courtesy of Flickr.
Latest posts by Jen Tilley (see all)
- Thanksgiving Side Dish: Fresh Green Bean Casserole Recipe - November 17, 2017
- Kids Bedrooms: Simple Ways to Declutter and Organize - November 14, 2017
- Fall Crafts: 5 Homemade Projects to Celebrate the Fall Season - October 18, 2017