Moroccan Fish Recipe with Rice
With Christmas knocking on our doors and large amounts of heavy food blessing our tables, we all need to rely on some sort of lighter courses to delight us while keeping us healthy and able to enjoy the holidays to their full value. This Moroccan fish recipe is the perfect menu option.
Moroccan fish is a light yet savory recipe we can all prepare for Christmas dinner to help us keep the overindulging at bay. Enjoy a different kind of fish on rice, inspired from the Moroccan cuisine.
Time to prepare: 45 minute
Calories per portion: 416
Moraccan Style Flavored Fish
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 3 carrots, grated
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp harissa (Moroccan spice)
- 200 g bulgur (Moroccan spice)
- 6 dried apricots, chopped
- 700 ml chicken soup
- 200 g baby spinach
- 4 fish fillets (cod or perch)
- 4 thin slices of lemon
- 140 g rice
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and saute the onion for 10 minutes, until soft and golden brown. Add carrots and cumin and saute 2 minutes, enough to release the flavors. Add the harissa paste, bulgur, and dried apricots; pour the soup over and bring it to a boil. Cover with a lid and leave to boil for 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle the sauce on the spinach leaves and stir until they get soft. Place the fish fillets over the vegetables, then add a slice of lemon on each fillet and season. Cover again, on a small flame and leave for 8 minutes until the fish gets soft. When the fish is done, place it on a plate.
- Boil the rice in water until soft. Mix the precooked vegetables with rice then top with fish.
Petro Neagu is a lifestyle blogger at The Seaman Mom, freelance writer, ex-seaman and traveler, and aspiring designer—but mostly a mamma and wife.What is your favorite way to prepare fish?
Latest posts by Mom It Forward (see all)
- Spring Dessert Recipe: Simply Delicious Carrot Bars - February 28, 2020
- Savory and Sweet Dishes: 8 Easy Bacon-Filled Recipes - January 9, 2020
- 5 Tips for Frugal Back to School Shopping - August 9, 2019