Motherhood: Nurture Service in Your Life
This week's Season of Service challenge involves serving by nurturing, two verbs that naturally go together. Nurturing is an inherent part of motherhood, something celebrated this month on Mother's Day and discussed tomorrow during #GNO sponsored by BabyCenter. Here are some simple ways you can nurture not only your children, but also your family, your friends, and others.
10 Ways to Nurture:
- Nurture a child's chance of surviving pediatric cancer by holding a bake sale for Cookies for Kids Cancer in the month of May.
- Nurture hope for those encumbered by grief by helping to make a Ben's Bell.
- Nurture a small flower or herb from seed, then take it to someone who is not able to get out much.
- Nurture happiness by posting on Facebook, Twitter, or your blog, a description of a kindness someone has offered you recently, thus providing recognition and thanks for their act, as well as maybe providing inspiration for someone else seeking service ideas.
- Nurture awareness by making a cause button, featuring perhaps the URL of the Red Cross or other charity. Visit this page for ideas and links to button makers.
- Nurture a desire to help by finding and tweeting an article on a social problem you feel strongly about.
- Nurture health by putting together a neighborhood baseball game.
- Nurture happiness by sitting next to an older person or someone you don't know instead of a familiar friend at church or other gathering.
- Nurture those in need of a good meal by buying a package of one of these foods and entering the purchase code at ChildHungerEndsHere.com. Doing so prompts a monetary donation by ConAgra Foods to Feeding America on behalf of local food banks, up to a maximum of 2.5 million meals.
- Nurture children in need of a good meal by taking a virtual baseball swing at MakeTimeForChange.com, prompting a monetary donation by Frigidaire to SaveTheChildren.
How Will You Give to Others This Week?
- What other ideas do you have for nurturing others?
- How has nurturing others made a meaningful difference for you this week?
- How have others nurtured you this week and what difference has that made in your life?
How Else Can You Make a Difference This Season?
Make a meaningful difference this season by taking the Season of Service (SOS) Challenge. Here's how you can participate:
- Commit to do one act of kindness/service based on the week's challenge.
- Leave a comment with ideas relating to the week's challenge as well as your experience(s) performing it.
- Enter to win each week's giveaway. Check out this week's prizes from BabyCenter by clicking here.
- Join #gno this Tuesday on Twitter to connect with other Mom It Forward moms about the challenge.
Latest posts by Mom It Forward (see all)
- Spring Dessert Recipe: Simply Delicious Carrot Bars - February 9, 2021
- Parents: How Fathers Can Build Relationships With Their Kids - February 9, 2021
- Savory and Sweet Dishes: 8 Easy Bacon-Filled Recipes - January 9, 2020