Mushroom Council: Tuesday #gno Twitter Party on Health and Breast Cancer Awareness
Now that it is October, the spotlight is shining on breast cancer, and rightfully so. According to the American Cancer Society, an estimated 232,620 new cases of breast cancer will be diagnosed in the U.S. this year.
A proven part of cancer prevention is healthier diets. The USDA MyPlate already recommends half a plate of fruits and vegetables. So if you’re looking to pile on the veggies, consider that leading cancer research center, City of Hope, has reported about mushrooms' cancer fighting abilities. Also, mushrooms help lower cholesterol, and improve immune system with vitamin B complex, Vitamin D, and Vitamin C. Who knew mushrooms can do so much besides add more flavor!
To support important research on mushrooms and cancer, the Mushroom Council has invested $750,000 in grants to the City of Hope since 2002. This fall, the Mushroom Council is providing an additional $50,000 and will sell mushrooms in pink containers in recognition of breast cancer research and Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
If you visit the Mushroom Channel Facebook page you will see that they are also sharing lots of mouth watering recipes that will help us find new and fun ways to add mushrooms to our diets. Whether you are trying to incorporate cancer fighting foods in your diet or just improve your overall health, you will want to join our #gno twitter party on October 4 to learn how.
Join Mushroom Council and our panel of experts as we discuss health,wellness and breast cancer awareness. The party will be held on Tuesday, October 4 from 9-11 ET (8CT, 7MT, 6PT). Click here to see details about the giveaway and enter for a chance to win.
- What: Girls’ Night Out (#gno) Twitter party (Click here to learn about #gno!)
- When: Tuesday, October 4 from 9-11 p.m. EST (8 CT, 7 MT, & 6 PT)
- Where: Party with us on our very own Custom Tweetgrid! (Use hashtags #gno and #Mushrooms)
- Topic: Health,wellness, and breast cancer awareness
- Who: Brand Panelist: @MushroomChannel, Community Panelists: @doughmesstic @FoodforMyFamily @fujimama @goodLifeEats @alisonlewis @aggieskitchen @cookincanuck @bellalimento @RealMomKitchen @cookinlean, Moderators: @jylmomIF @Dadventurous @troypattee @MomItForward
- Party Favors: Click here to enter the giveaway.
- RSVP: Use Mr. Linky below (enter the twitter URL and your twitter ID (e.g., http://twitter.com/jylmomIF).
Note: Mom It Forward accepts paid sponsorships for most #gno Twitter parties. During the parties, brand sponsors provide tips, techniques, expert advice, and information on party topics. Mom It Forward is grateful for the giveaway prizes, coupons, and discounts that sponsors also provide to the Mom It Forward community in conjunction with #gno Twitter parties.
Latest posts by Jen Tilley (see all)
- Creativity: Summertime Craft Camp and Kid-Friendly Crafts - August 12, 2016
- Recipe: Very Berry Banana Muffins - July 26, 2016
- Balanced Diet: Six Healthy Alternatives to Theme Park Food - July 18, 2016