Influential People: How to Be an Example of Positive Influence
I read that Time just released its 100 Most Influential People in the World list. I read through the list and realized that the world’s view of influential is somewhat different than my own expectations of someone I would consider influential in my life. Now don't get me wrong, I can understand why many were considered to be the most influential and I agree, but others I do not agree with. They may certainly be influential, but for all the wrong reasons and I would not want my children to be influenced by their life choices. I began to think of some people who have influenced me throughout the years, besides my parents, and how I could be a good influence on others; better yet, how I can set the example so that my children are a good influence.
Several people who influenced me most through my childhood and teen years were teachers, pastors, a couple of really close friend,s as well as a few famous people who I feel have maintained their character and integrity unlike so many others today.
As for me, I want to be a positive influence for my kids, and hopefully by doing that, someone along the way will see me as a positive example. This is how I want to influence my children:
- I want my kids to see me handle everyday life with a positive outlook. God blesses me with the breath to wake up in the morning, so I want to start everyday with a thankful and happy heart.
- I want my kids to witness my kindness towards others. Showing sincere kindness, concern and love to everyone should be a habit, not something you force yourself to do. This is just as simple as saying “thank you” to the cashier when you are at the store. I want my kids to understand this truth.
- I want to instill my moral standards and values into my kids. I want them to dress appropriately, act appropriately in public, stay pure until marriage, and stay away from harmful substances like alcohol and tobacco.
These are just a few influences I would like to pass onto my kids. We are not all going to be famous and well-known but we can make a difference to the people around us on a daily basis.
What can you do to be a good example to your family and friends?
Robin Greene is a mom of two teenagers, a wife, and a Kindergarten teacher. She enjoys her work and strives to set a good example for all of those around. Robin enjoys watching her children participate in their extra curricular activities, participating in church functions and writing for mybabyclothes.com. You will find the perfect baby clothes, baby headbands and baby tutus for any baby shower gift that you may be in the market for.
Latest posts by Lori (see all)
- Healthy Lunch Time Ideas for Children - August 13, 2019
- Easy Ways to Boost Your Energy - August 12, 2019
- Family: How to Plan a Memorable Family Reunion - June 25, 2019