Side Dish: Creamy Mashed Potatoes With Goat Cheese and Fresh Sage
When putting together your Christmas dinner menu, the first thing to consider is the appetizer. Last Friday in our first post of this five-part Christmas dinner menu series, we featured a scrumptious Goat Cheese Pop With Herbs, Pecans, and Bacon recipe. And shortly thereafter, Jen and I went to town, getting addicted to them and eating the entire plate.
This week, we are focusing on side dishes.
In my family, we have some non-traditional side dishes we like to make, like sauerkraut. It's a family tradition we enjoy at all major holidays.
But one side dish that always remains the same is the mashed potatoes. Jen and I decided to mix it up a little bit and stick with our goat cheese theme. We tried out this Creamy Mashed Potatoes With Goat Cheese and Fresh Sage recipe and just like the appetizers, it did not disappoint.
Recipe: Creamy Mashed Potatoes With Goat Cheese and Fresh Sage
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 5 ounces soft fresh goat cheese
- 1/4 cup (or more) whole milk
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- Fresh sage sprigs
- Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil.
- Peel and cut potatoes into small pieces. Place the cut potatoes into the boiling water. Cook the potatoes until the potatoes are soft. Drain well and return the potatoes to the pot.
- Add cheese, milk, and butter to the potatoes and mash until smooth.
- Mix in the sage and season with salt and pepper.
What is your favorite holiday side dish? What makes this dish special?
Latest posts by Jen Tilley (see all)
- Lindt Chocolate: Win an EGGS-TRAORDINARY Easter Basket - March 21, 2015
- Lindt GOLD BUNNY: Tuesday #gno Twitter Party - March 20, 2015
- Addo Recovery Giveaway: Win a $300 Prize Pack - March 14, 2015