Father’s Day: How to Make a “World’s Best Dad” Badge of Honor
With Father's Day quickly approaching, now is the perfect time to get a gift together for that special dad in your life! I tend to think my sweet husband is an amazing dad, and I wanted to make sure he was properly celebrated, so I put together this super easy "World's Best Dad" Badge of Honor. Using scrapbook paper I had on hand and free printables that I put together just for you, this cute gift came together very quickly.
How to Make a "World's Best Dad" Badge of Honor
- 12x12 in. scrapbook paper
- World's Best Dad Printables (click for download)
- Paper Cutter
- Round Circle Punch
- Permanent Glue
1. Cut the scrapbook paper into the following measurements:
- 8 - 1/2"x3" strips
- 8 - 1/2"x4" strips
- 2 - 1"x4" strips
2. Apply a good amount of glue to the inside bottom of one of the 1/2-inch strips. Fold over and press together to create a loop. Repeat with the rest of the 1/2-inch wide strips.
3. When the strips are all dry, begin gluing the 1/2"x3" strips to the back of the punched-out circle. Start by gluing the four pieces as shown in the photo above.
4. Continue adding the rest of the smaller of the strips to fill in the blank spots. Let them dry.
5. When the smaller strips are dried, begin gluing the longer strips to the back in the open spots. When all of those are added, let it dry again.
6. Finish up your badge by adding the tails. I cut small triangles from the bottom of the 1"x4" strips and glued them to the very back.
I used a safety pin to attach the badge to my sweet husband, but if you had a pin back, you could easily hot glue that on as well.
What are you doing to show appreciation for your dad this Father's Day?
Katie blogs at http://sweetrosestudio.com
Latest posts by SweetRoseStudio (see all)
- Craft: How to Make Patriotic Cupcake Liner Decor - June 27, 2022
- Father’s Day: How to Make a “World’s Best Dad” Badge of Honor - June 6, 2019
- Craft: How to Make a Colorful Crayon Frame - August 30, 2018