Craft: How to Make Patriotic Cupcake Liner Decor
Sometimes, no matter how hard you try, you have to create something last minute. With the Fourth of July being only two days away, I've put together a super quick and easy tutorial so you can create your own big-impact decor with items that you might already have on hand. The best part about this craft? The kids can help with it!
How to Make Patriotic Cupcake Liner Decor
- Red cardstock
- Star punch
- Standard white cupcake liners
- Patriotic mini cupcake liners
- Glue stick
- Glue dots
1. Punch stars from the red card stock. 2. Flatten the standard and mini cupcake liners. 3. Apply glue to the back of the mini cupcake liner. 4. Press the mini liner firmly to the standard liner.
Finish it off by gluing the star in place.
My kidlets had an amazing time flattening the cupcake liners and gluing the stars in place. Why not include your little ones in your crafting?
By adding ribbon and using glue dots to fix the liners in place, my trifle bowl is now festive and perfect for our Fourth of July celebration. You could easily add these to a centerpiece or a sweet headband to make your home or yourself more patriotic!
Do you decorate for Fourth of July? What are some quick and easy decor ideas in your home?
Katie is the owner and writer at Sweet Rose Studio, a blog dedicated to sharing and inspiring all things creative. Katie married her high school sweetheart in 2003 and since that perfect day, they've added two lovable, crazy kids to the mix and look forward to growing old together. You can also find Katie on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and on Instagram at sweetrosestudio.
Latest posts by SweetRoseStudio (see all)
- Craft: How to Make Patriotic Cupcake Liner Decor - June 22, 2015
- Father’s Day: How to Make a “World’s Best Dad” Badge of Honor - June 13, 2015
- Craft: How to Make a Colorful Crayon Frame - August 2, 2012