DIY Spider Earrings
Halloween is all about costumes... but even if you aren't in a head-to-toe costume, you can still get into the spirit with a little festive Halloween Jewelry. These spider earrings are simple to make, and so fun to wear!
Supplies to Make Halloween Spider Earrings:
- Spiders (these are spider buttons)
- Necklace chain
- Eye Pins
- Earring wires
- Krazy Glue
- Jewelry Drill
- Jump Rings
- Jewelry Pliers
- Sandpaper (or emery board)
- Black paint and paintbrush (optional)
Start by removing the backs of the buttons. Clip off the shank with the jewelry pliers, as close to the spider body as possible.
Use the sandpaper or emery board to sand away any excess. If you scrape off paint, you can use black paint and a paintbrush to cover it up.
Using a small jewelry drill, drill a hole into the spider.
Clip the eye pins to about half the length of the spider's torso.
Test fit the eye pin, then use Krazy glue to secure it in place.
Repeat with the second spider.
Cut your chains to the length you would like (2-3 inches works great), then attach each to an earring wire.
Attach the chains to the spiders using jump rings.
Wear your fun, dangly spider earrings, and make a second set to give to a friend!
Where will you wear these charming, spooky, spider earrings?
Latest posts by Carolina (see all)
- Decorating Brown Bags – Custom Lunch Looks any Mom Can Make! - August 8, 2019
- Crafty School Binders for Personalized School Supplies - August 7, 2019
- Sand Dollar Anklet – Making Jewelry DIY - July 17, 2019