Four Ingredient Banana Bread
I don't know what it is about changing color of leaves, smells of burning leaves, and cool mornings that make me want banana bread and coffee to start my morning. I found this fantastic recipe in a cookbook titled, "The Four Ingredient Cookbook". It is my constant companion. I can usually find at least 4 ingredients in my cupboard without having to run to the store. Not to mention the simplicity and quick preparation seal the deal.
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 large egg
- 3-4 ripe bananas
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the cake mix, egg, and bananas in a large bowl.
- Add the walnuts.
- Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and pour in mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
To add a little of my own flare, I add some cream cheese frosting with walnuts on top as well.
Now that is how to start a day!By Shannon Henrici. She is a freelance writer for a baby clothes boutique. Being a sucker for flowered headbands and adorable baby hats, she partnered with My Baby Clothes Boutique.
Latest posts by Lori (see all)
- Family: How to Plan a Memorable Family Reunion - June 25, 2019
- Summer Fun: How to Save Money on Summer Trips - May 30, 2019
- Mother’s Day: How to Make New Mother’s Day Traditions - May 4, 2019