Homemade Orange Cranberry Stuffing Recipe
The holidays are right around the corner! Menus will have to be planned and plenty of food will be prepared. Add this simple Orange Cranberry Stuffing as a side dish!
Every Thanksgiving we would go to my grandparent's house. It'a always been one of my most favorite holidays because there's just SO much incredible food! I especially liked the desserts, of course, but Grandma's stuffings were pretty special, too. Grandma didn't only make one for the family, she made two - one bread stuffing and one meat stuffing which was specially made for Grandpa. It was tasty enough, but was just something I never took to. For me, the stuff inside the turkey needs to be of the bread type. That's just me, but it was something he requested every year and it became a tradition.
It's great to have family traditions because it's wonderful to be able to either continue them or look back on them and they bring us together.
Orange Cranberry Stuffing
serves 6 -8
Ingredients for your Orange Cranberry Stuffing
- 1 14-ounce loaf French Bread, sliced into 1-inch cubes
- 12 tablespoons butter
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped sage leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh chopped thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- zest of one orange
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup dried cranberries
Directions for Making Your Orange Cranberry Orange Stuffing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and prepare a 9 X 13-inch baking dish by spraying it with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sage, thyme, salt, pepper, and orange zest
- In a large pot or Dutch Oven, melt the butter.
- Add the chopped celery and onion and sauteé until soft, about 5 - 7 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat.
- Pour in the orange juice.
- Add the sage mixture and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add the bread cubes and toss to completely coat.
- Mix in the dried cranberries.
- Pour contents in to the prepared 9 X 13-inch baking dish and cover with tin foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
How do you prepare your holiday stuffing?
Latest posts by Lynne Feifer (see all)
- Red Velvet Cupcakes for Holiday Parties - December 7, 2021
- Turkey Tetrazzini Recipe for Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey - November 2, 2021
- Game Day Cupcakes - January 18, 2021