Italian Soda Bar
When we think about getting together with our family, there is usually food involved. I don't usually do anything special for drinks, but this year is going to be different. My sister introduced me to Italian Sodas at our family reunion this summer. They were an instant hit with the kids. If you are looking for a fun way to serve drinks for your holiday party, try having an Italian Soda Bar.
Italian Soda Bar
- Flavored Syrup—Torani flavors are my favorite. (Mango, Pineapple, Blackberry, Raspberry, and Coconut)
- Ginger ale or sparkling water
- Half and half or whole milk
- Ice—Crushed or pebbled
- 24 oz clear cups—I like to buy plastic recipe supply cups with lids. This makes it so much easier to serve and it also cuts down on the spills.
- 2 Tbsp measuring glass—You can purchase this anywhere. It makes it really easy to measure out your flavored syrup.
- Straws—This is such a festive drink that it's fun to drink it with a straw. I also purchased this at the restaurant supply store in bulk.
- Spout toppers —I put these on my flavored syrup bottles so I can pour the syrup out easier.
- Fill cup half full with ice.
- Add 4 tsp of flavored syrup. You can use more if you like the flavoring stronger.
- Fill cup with soda and stir. I don't usually buy soda, but I was given a Sodastream Genesis home soda maker to review and I loved using it for this recipe. Soda Stream has many different flavor options. They have lemonade, Kool-Aid, Crystal Light, and soda flavors. When I saw that they had ginger ale, I knew I had to use my Sodastream maker for this recipe. The Genesis soda maker turns regular water into sparkling water and soda in seconds.
- Add just a splash of half and half and stir again.
This soda bar is a fun idea for all your summer BBQs, family reunions, and parties that are coming up! So gather up your supplies and make a fun Italian Soda Bar with your family. It just might become a family tradition!
What drinks do you like to serve at your holiday parties?
I was given a Sodastream Genesis home soda maker to review. Recipe and opinion in this post are my own.
Latest posts by Mom It Forward (see all)
- Spring Dessert Recipe: Simply Delicious Carrot Bars - February 28, 2020
- Savory and Sweet Dishes: 8 Easy Bacon-Filled Recipes - January 9, 2020
- 5 Tips for Frugal Back to School Shopping - August 9, 2019