Meal Plan: Simple and Fresh Dinner Recipes
As winter transforms into spring and the lovely flowers start sprouting, diets also start changing from warm and filling comfort foods to light and energizing foods. Spring and summer dishes are usually filled with all sorts of vegetables and fresh ingredients to put that extra spring in a step. This week's meal plan is all about providing dinner ideas that will help you healthy lifestyle while enjoying balanced foods within your diet.
Theme: Simple and Fresh Dinner Recipes
Weekly Meal Plan: Monday, March 19 — Sunday, March 25
Monday (Poultry Day):
- Dinner Recipe: Healthy Spicy Chicken Strips from Cheeky Kitchen
- Dinner Discussion Question: What was the nicest thing a friend has done for you?
Tuesday (National Ravioli Day):
- Dinner Recipe: Ravioli with Garlic Cream Sauce from Bell'alimento
- Dinner Discussion Question: What have you done in school that you are really proud of?
- Dinner Recipe: Shaved Apple, Fennel, and Celery Salad by Gourmande in the Kitchen
- Dinner Discussion Question: What is your favorite sport or game?
- Dinner Recipe: Blackberry Glazed Turkey Tenderloin Salad from Ingredients, Inc.
- Dinner Discussion Question: If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Dinner Recipe: Chicken, Linguini, and Crimini from The Lovely Pantry
- Dinner Discussion Question: What is your earliest memory?
- Dinner Recipe: Baked Ginger Sesame Chicken and Broccoli from Sarah's Cucina Bella
- Dinner Discussion Question: What did you dream about last night?
- Dinner Recipe: Penne with Broccolini from Flavia's Flavors
- Dinner Discussion Question: What was your favorite part about last week?
Meal Plan and Grocery Shopping List Free Printable
Is your mouth watering yet? We can’t wait to give these recipes a try this week! If you’re interested in trying some or all of these recipes, be sure to fill out the Mom It Forward Meal Plan and Grocery Shopping List Free Printable before you head to the store!
Be sure to stop by the comments section of this post or on our Facebook page and let us know how your family members answered the discussion questions. We would love to hear what your family shared at the dinner table!
Share Your Side Dish Recipes!
Sometimes thinking of main entrees is the easy party...but what do you pair with your main dishes? We would love for you to share your ideas for side dish recipes!
Disclaimer: This post is part of our Weekly Meal Plan series. Each week, we share recipes and photos from bloggers around the web. We have been given permission to use all links and photos in this series. A huge thanks goes out to all of the bloggers who helped us create this delicious menu! If you have recipes on your site that you would like for us to feature, please be sure to fill out this form.
Top photo and featured photo courtesy of Flickr.
Latest posts by Jen Tilley (see all)
- Baking: Tips for Making Cookies Last Longer - November 24, 2015
- Thanksgiving Recipe: Mini Pumpkin Cakes with Chocolate Frosting - November 23, 2015
- Side Dish Recipe: Hand-Cut Baked Parmesan French Fries - November 13, 2015