Meal Plan: Post Halloween Meal Ideas
Trick-or-treat?! The phrase a child looks forward to as they run from house to house as Batman or Cinderella. Snickers, Skittles, Starburst, and many other sweet treats are thrown into a giant pillowcase, which is growing fuller by the moment. All mom can think about is how to combat the draw of such goodies and make sure the kids are getting healthy food in their tummies the days following Halloween.
This week's meal plan features dishes that are bound to pull the kids away from the candy stash, at least long enough to get something in their bellies before a night of candy.
Theme: Post Halloween Meals
Weekly Meal Plan: Monday, October 29 - Sunday, November 4
- Dinner Recipe: Slow Cooker Brisket with Chipotle Cranberry Sauce from The Shiksa in the Kitchen
- Dinner Discussion Question: What is your costume this year?
- Dinner Recipe: Seasoned Chicken Nuggets from Sarah's Cucina Bella
- Dinner Discussion Question: What is the worst Halloween costume you have worn?
- Dinner Recipe: Chicken and Italian Sausage Alfredo Lasagna from Misc Finds 4 U
- Dinner Discussion Question: What items do you eat from your children's trick-or-treat bag?
- Dinner Recipe: Chicken Noodle Casserole from (a)MusingFoodie
- Dinner Discussion Question: What is the best Halloween costume you have seen this year?
- Dinner Recipe: Cheesy Beef & Macaroni from Ground Beef Budget
- Dinner Discussion Question: What are you most scared of?
- Dinner Recipe: Chicken Pot Pie from Flavia's Flavors
- Dinner Discussion Question: What is your best Halloween memory from your childhood?
- Dinner Recipe: English Muffin Pizzas from Sarah's Cucina Bella
- Dinner Discussion Question: What's your favorite Halloween movie?
Enough with the savory portion of the meal, bring on the dessert! We're featuring Candy Apple Faces for this week's dessert!
Meal Plan and Grocery Shopping List Free Printable
Is your mouth watering yet? We can’t wait to give these recipes a try this week! If you’re interested in trying some or all of these recipes, be sure to fill out the Mom It Forward Meal Plan and Grocery Shopping List Free Printable before you head to the store!
Be sure to stop by the comments section of this post or on our Facebook page and let us know how your family members answered the discussion questions. We would love to hear what your family shared at the dinner table!
Share Your Side Dish Recipes!
Sometimes thinking of main entrees is the easy party...but what do you pair with your main dishes? We would love for you to share your ideas for side dish recipes!
Disclaimer: This post is part of our Weekly Meal Plan series. Each week, we share recipes and photos from bloggers around the web. We have been given permission to use all links and photos in this series. A huge thanks goes out to all of the bloggers who helped us create this delicious menu! If you have recipes on your site that you would like for us to feature, please be sure to fill out this form.
Top photo and featured photo courtesy of Flickr.
Latest posts by Marissa Huntsman (see all)
- Top 4 Disney Holiday Memories - December 13, 2016
- Family Forward – Wizarding World of Harry Potter Exclusive - July 25, 2016
- Best of — Family Vacation Tips - July 11, 2016