Showing Gratitude: Gratitude Jar Craft
A gratitude jar is a perfect way to help us get into the spirit of the season. This craft is really simple to make and would be a fun gift to give to your family and friends.
You will need a few things for this project:
- A medium size mason jar
- An assortment of scrapbook paper
- 15 inches of 1/4 in. ribbon
- 4x4 piece of fabric or enough to cover your jar lid
- Silk leaves
- A hot glue gun
- Computer to print tags
Step 7. Print your thankful cards on white paper, cut them out, and glue them to your scrapbook paper. When you are finished, put your cards into your jar and put the lid on.
Step 8. Add a tag to the outside of this jar, backing it with paper. Then, punch a hole in it, and use the last of your ribbon to tie it to the outside of the jar. The one I made says, "I am thankful for you and pumpkin pies!"
Voila! You are ready to either give this away or start pulling out the cards as a family once a day to help you focus on all of your blessings.
What fun traditions do you you and your family have? How can you teach your children to have gratitude?
(Gratitude Jar Craft made by Vanessa Sperry).
Latest posts by Mom It Forward (see all)
- Spring Dessert Recipe: Simply Delicious Carrot Bars - February 28, 2020
- Savory and Sweet Dishes: 8 Easy Bacon-Filled Recipes - January 9, 2020
- 5 Tips for Frugal Back to School Shopping - August 9, 2019