Kids and Healthy Eating: Tips From the Frigidaire Kids Cooking Academy
As a mom, do you ever struggle to help your kids eat well-balanced meals? Do you have to hide their vegetables and trick them into healthy choices? Raising nutritious eaters needs to start when children are young through modeling and actively teaching healthy living throughout their lives.
Frigidaire and Jennifer Garner Partner With SavetheChildren.org
Last month, Frigidaire launched their Kids' Cooking Academy. This new initiative is geared toward encouraging moms to provide their children with healthy lifestyles and nutritious snacks, and centers around the website MakeTimeForChange.com. It is in partnership with the nonprofit Save the Children, whose mission is to save childrens' lives after natural disasters with food, medical care, and education and stay to help communities rebuild through long-term recovery programs addressing poverty, hunger, illiteracy and disease.
Specifically, how it works is this: Frigidaire and Jennifer Garner are supporting Save the Children’s CHANGE program, which promotes healthier lifestyles for children living in poverty in the U.S. by providing nutritious snacks and regular opportunities for children to be physically active. Frigidaire has committed to donate $500,000 to this worthy cause. Each day you visit the Kids' Cooking Academy website, Frigidaire will donate $1 to Save the Children to help provide nutritious snacks and promote healthier lifestyles for children living in poverty in the U.S.
3 Resources the Kids' Cooking Academy Website Offers Moms
If you're anything like me, as a mom, you're always looking for quick and simple tips on how to raise healthy and nutritious children. The Frigidaire website provides three resources for moms that do just that:
- Tip of the Day: I love that they feature a tip of the day for cooking with kids. Today's tip? To bake muffins with your children and have them offer up healthy snacks to toss into traditional recipes. For example, add dates and raisins to blueberry muffins.
- Featured Recipe: They provide one featured recipe with a how-to video and written instructions. Today's was a Zucchini Parmesan Frittata. Mmmm!
- How-To Videos: Chef Mary Sue Milliken offers hands-on instructions for how to make some of the great recipes featured on the site. What I love the most is that they are kid friendly. The goal is to get your kids in the kitchen with you and to cook healthy meals together. My son would especially love these Apple Cinnamon Hand Pies.
What tips do you have for helping your kids eat healthy and nutritious meals an snacks?
Make a Difference
- Visit the Kids' Cooking Academy website and Frigidaire will donate $1 to Save the Children to help provide nutritious snacks and promote healthier lifestyles for children living in poverty in the U.S.
- Visit our Health and Wellness forum to share your ideas for teaching kids to eat and live healthy.
Latest posts by Jyl Johnson Pattee (see all)
- Easter Cupcakes: Fast and Easy Holiday Dessert - March 14, 2017
- Easter Dessert: Homemade Sugar Cookie and Icing Recipe - March 9, 2017
- Pets: 7 Ways Dogs Enhance Family Relationships - February 28, 2017