Sweet Treat: Easy Toffee Crackers Recipe
me • hobbies & me time • recipes • food
A few weeks before Christmas, Toffee Crackers were all the buzz with my friends and also on Pinterest. Having never tried them before, I decided to give a recipe from Allrecipes.com a try. It was very good but I think the temperature and cooking time are a bit too high/long. Then, I found this recipe from A Southern Grace. Her temp was not as high but her baking time was a bit longer. Hmmm.
Then, I decided to just experiment with this myself. The recipe is halved and the cooking times have changed a bit. I hope you enjoy! This was a huge hit at our family gatherings.
Toffee Crackers Recipe
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- Crackers or Cereal of your choice (pretzels would be great as well)
- 1 1/2 Cups Semi-Sweet Morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place crackers in a single layer to cover cookie sheet (about 20 or so crackers), set aside.
- Combine butter and sugar in a pot and stir constantly; bring to boil. Once mixture has started to boil, allow to boil for 3 minutes. Mixture should be a nice caramel brown color.
- Pour mix on top of crackers, spread with spoon to cover all crackers.
- Place cookie sheet in oven and bake for 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with morsels. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Once morsels have melted, spread over crackers.
- Place in refrigerator to cool and harden.
- Break into bite-size pieces once cool.
What is your favorite treat to make?
Brandi is the creator of The Creative Princess. She is a stay-at-home mom of two beautiful girls, avid couponer, crafter and a Pinterest addict. You will find awesome tutorials, creative couponing, cooking and crafting on her blog, she also takes you down her crazy journey of life around her small Oklahoma town.
Latest posts by The Creative Princess (see all)
- Valentine’s Day Recipe: Sparkling Strawberry Cupcakes - February 12, 2018
- Recipe: Fiesta Chicken Tacos - February 2, 2016
- Holiday Craft: Easy “Mary Did You Know?” Wooden Sign - December 17, 2012