Recipe: Fiesta Chicken Tacos
I absolutely LOVE making these Fiesta Chicken Tacos! They are a great meal when you need something fast and easy. When planning this meal, I always cook a whole chicken in the crock pot the day before. I use the leftover chicken from that meal to make these tacos. The ingredients options you can incorporate into these chicken tacos are endless. Today I am going to share how my family enjoys them.
Fiesta Chicken Tacos Recipe
- 2 Cups Shredded or Cubed Chicken
- 1 Can Black Beans—Drained and Rinsed
- 1 Can Tomatoes with Green Chiles—Drained (reserve juice)
- ¾ Cup Frozen Corn (if I only have canned corn, I use one can drained)
- 1-2 Tbs Taco Seasoning (optional)
- Flour or Corn Tortillas
In a large pan combine all ingredients. Allow to heat through; this takes about 10-15 minutes. If mixture seems a bit dry, add some juice from the tomatoes.
While your mixture is heating, warm your tortillas in the microwave.
Once mixture is hot it is time to plate! Place 1-2 spoonfuls of your taco mixture onto a tortilla and roll up. I like to sprinkle a bit of cheese over each taco before serving; each plate also comes with a scoop of sour cream.
These are also great to make ahead of time and freeze.
What are some of your fast and easy "go to" meals?
Brandi is the creator of The Creative Princess. She is a stay-at-home mom of two beautiful girls, avid couponer, crafter and a Pinterest addict. You will find awesome tutorials, creative couponing, cooking and crafting on her blog. She also takes you down her crazy journey of life around her small Oklahoma town.
Latest posts by The Creative Princess (see all)
- Valentine’s Day Recipe: Sparkling Strawberry Cupcakes - February 12, 2018
- Recipe: Fiesta Chicken Tacos - February 2, 2016
- Holiday Craft: Easy “Mary Did You Know?” Wooden Sign - December 17, 2012