Sweet Treat: Hot Chocolate Truffles Recipe
Over the years I have tried so many hot chocolates—in packets, in jars, and even making my own powders. I ran across this recipe and knew I just had to try this! I wanted to make it my own though and I love using flavored coffee creamer in my hot chocolate. I was not sure if it would work, though. However, I am happy to report it does in fact work and it adds just a bit more flavor. Yum!
- 2 Cups Semisweet Chocolate Chips (this is equal to one 12oz bag)
- 1 Tbs Sugar – this is totally optional but I like it
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Flavored Coffee Creamer (I used vanilla)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium, microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds, remove from microwave ,and stir. Repeat this process until well combined and silky. I found using a whisk was the best way to make sure mixture was well combined. Be careful not to overheat, it doesn’t take much for chocolate to burn.
- Allow the mixture to cool at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in freezer until mixture is firm and scoopable. I like to let it sit overnight.
- Scoop out 1/4 cup spoonfuls and place on wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- Place baking sheet in freezer and let truffles harden slightly.
- Roll chilled truffles into balls. Use a bit of cocoa powder just so they aren’t as sticky and place each truffle on a square of waxed paper or plastic wrap (about 4in by 4in).
- Keep in the freezer until ready to use.
To make truffles into hot chocolate, pour milk into mug of choice, add one truffle (or two if you like richer hot chocolate), and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes. Stir well and enjoy!
What is your favorite sweet treat to enjoy during the wintertime?
Brandi is the creator of The Creative Princess. She is a stay-at-home mom of two beautiful girls, avid couponer, crafter and a Pinterest addict. You will find awesome tutorials, creative couponing, cooking and crafting on her blog, she also takes you down her crazy journey of life around her small Oklahoma town.
Latest posts by The Creative Princess (see all)
- Valentine’s Day Recipe: Sparkling Strawberry Cupcakes - February 12, 2018
- Recipe: Fiesta Chicken Tacos - February 2, 2016
- Holiday Craft: Easy “Mary Did You Know?” Wooden Sign - December 17, 2012