Carrot Soup Recipe With Butternut Squash
It was National Carrot Day earlier in February and we are still celebrating carrots around here. Carrots not only have a sweet taste, but a great crunch. What's most important is that they can be one of the most important vegetables for your family's health. Carrots can prevent cancer, improve vision, and prevent heart disease. Here is a delicious carrot soup recipe that also features butternut squash.
Carrot Soup Recipe With Sprout Sweet Baby Carrots and Roasted Butternut Squash
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Clove of garlic, sliced or minced
- 2 Pouches of Sprout Sweet Baby Carrots
- 3 Pouches of Sprout Roasted Butternut Squash
- 2 Cups low sodium chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Tablespoons butter (or less if you prefer, or 2 Tablespoons of olive oil)
- Maple syrup (add if you prefer, about 1 Tablespoon recommended)
- Over medium heat melt 2-4 tablespoons butter in a pot on medium heat. Add onion and sauté gently until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté 3 minutes more until just beginning to brown. Add Butternut Squash and Carrots and Chicken Stock, and cook until heated through. Alternatively you can use less or add stock or cream to your preferred soup thickness. Add salt, pepper and maple syrup to taste.
- Put the olive oil and butter into a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the vegetables and toss to coat them well with the fat; season with salt and pepper. Add 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer, cover the pot, and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the Herb Butter by combining the soft butter and herbs together; season with some salt and pepper.
- To serve, spread some Herb Butter in the bottom of a bowl. Add the hot vegetables and dot with more Herb Butter. Moisten with some of the cooking liquid and serve.
What are some of your favorite ways to use carrots in your meals?
Photo courtesy of Flickr
Recipe from Sprout Baby Food.
Latest posts by Jill Greenlaw (see all)
- How to Set Boundaries That Balance Your Life - January 12, 2015
- Setting Goals: Creating a Life List or a Bucket List - January 3, 2015
- Free Printable: Winter Family Activity Calendar - December 28, 2014