Weekly Meal Plan: Pasta Recipes
This week’s meal plan is all about filling your plate up with noodles as well as giving your noodle a break from the day with jokes for the family. Noodles are a staple that can be turned into almost absolutely anything. Get inspired this week from our pasta recipes to come up with your own! So many options!
Theme: Jokes and Noodles
Meal Plan: Monday, February 25- Sunday, March 3
- Dinner: Creamy Tomato Basil Pasta with Shrimp by CrazyLou
- Discussion Joke: Why did the tomato turn red? (Because it saw the salad dressing!)
- Discussion Question: If you could go to cooking school, what dish or dessert would you want to learn how to make? Why?
- Dinner: Slow Cooker Chicken Tetrazzini by Bell'alimento
- Discussion Joke: What do you call really scared pasta? (Chicken Noodles!)
- Discussion Question: If you were food, what food would you be and why?
- Dinner: Baked Mac n Cheese with Gruyere and Butternut Squash by Good Life Eats
- Discussion Joke: What is an elephant's favorite vegetable? (Squash!)
- Discussion Question: If you were on the Amazing Race, what three countries would you want to go to?
- Dinner: Cauliflower Pasta Bake by Vegetarian Mama
- Discussion Joke: What kind of plates do they use in space? (Flying saucers!)
- Discussion Question: If you get one treat from the grocery store, what would it be? Why?
- Dinner: Creamy Pumpkin Pasta by Bake Your Day
- Discussion Joke: What do you get if you divide the circumference of a jack-o-lantern by its diameter? (Pumpkin Pi!)
- Discussion Question: If you could whatever you wanted to do for one day, what would you do?
- Dinner: Spicy Peanut Butter Noodles by Barbara Bakes
- Discussion Joke: Did you hear the joke about the peanut butter? (I'm not telling you. You might spread it!)
- Discussion Question: If you could go to school on a skate board, roller skates, roller blades, scooter, or on foot, which would you choose and why?
- Dinner: Fried Tortellini by Sweet Basil
- Discussion Joke: What do you call a fake noodle? (An impasta!)
- Discussion Question: What is the best present you ever received? Why?
Try some Chocolate Peanut Butter Sheet Cake by Gimme Some Oven to offset your oodles of noodles.
Meal Plan and Grocery Shopping List Free Printable
If you’re interested in trying some or all of these pasta recipes, be sure to fill out the Mom It Forward Meal Plan and Grocery Shopping List Free Printable before you head to the store!
Stop by the comments section of this post or on our Facebook page and let us know how your family members answered the discussion questions. We would love to hear what your family shared at the dinner table!
Share Your Side Dish Recipes!
Sometimes thinking of main entrees is the easy part...but what do you pair with your main dishes? We would love for you to share your ideas for side dish recipes!
Disclaimer: This post is part of our Weekly Meal Plan series. Each week, we share recipes and photos from bloggers around the web. We have been given permission to use all links and photos in this series. A huge thanks goes out to all of the bloggers who helped us create this delicious menu! If you have recipes on your site that you would like for us to feature, please be sure to fill out this form.
Latest posts by Cambria VandeMerwe (see all)
- Reading: 10 Ways to Encourage Your Kids to Read - May 27, 2016
- Thank You: Fun Ideas For End of Year Teacher Gifts - May 4, 2016
- Kids’ Bikes: How to Keep Safe While Riding Bikes - May 3, 2016