Lazy Pork Picnic With Drunken BBQ Sauce
I am a sucker for a good pork BBQ. The problem is that I never have time to sit next to the smoker and babysit the pork. So, here is a great recipe that takes all the work out of a pork picnic yet still brings those flavors you love to the table.
Pork BBQ Ingredients
- 5-6 pound Pork Picnic (aka Boston Butt)
- 4-5 Tbs your favorite BBQ dry rub (we like Head Country)
- The night before, rub your butt (the pork one that is) liberally with the dry rub.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and place in the fridge. Now is that easy or is that easy?
- The next morning, place the pork, fatty side down, in a crock pot.
- Cook on low 10-12 hours until fork tender.
- Once cooked, take two forks and pull apart. Shredding the pork.
The Drunken BBQ Sauce Ingredients
- 1 bottle of your favorite beer
- 1 small onion diced
- 1-2 Serrano peppers, diced (add more for a spicier sauce)
- 1Tbs olive oil
- 1 cup your favorite BBQ sauce (again we like Head Country)
- In a skillet heat oil over medium heat.
- Add peppers and onion, cook till onions are soft and translucent.
- Add bottle of beer.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer. Simmer till beer has evaporated by half.
- Add 1 cup of BBQ sauce, and bring back to a boil.
- Once it starts to boil again remove from heat and blend till smooth.
Simple yet flavorful pork picnic! Put some of this pork on fresh soft yeast rolls with a little drunken BBQ sauce for an melt in your mouth sandwich. Cole slaw, baked beans, and sweet tea - now you have a meal your family will love.
Krissy Stark is a cooking enthusiast who shares her recipes with My Baby Clothes Boutique. Peruse through the catalog of our partner if you get a chance, even if it is just to look at the beautiful babies in their hats, flower headbands, and adorable baby clothes.
What is your favorite flavor of BBQ sauce?