Meal Plan: Recipes Featuring the Newest Superfood – Quinoa
Quinoa has been around since the rise of the Incas prior to European expansion into the new world. However, it has only recently gained popularity due to its great health benefits. Quinoa is a seed of a green plant but due to its taste, it is considered a grain.
Quinoa is so beneficial to our health because it is a complete protein—which is perfect for vegan and vegetarian diets—it is gluten-free, it keeps you fuller longer, it is high in fiber, and packed with nutrients.
I'll be sharing different recipes that utilize Quinoa while maintaining their deliciousness.
Theme: Recipes Featuring the Newest Superfood—Quinoa
Weekly Meal Plan: Monday, June 4 — Sunday, June 10
- Dinner Recipe: Greek Infused Quinoa Salad from The Shiksa From the Kitchen
- Dinner Discussion Question: What do you like most about salad?
- Dinner Recipe: Roasted Vegetable Quinoa from Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Dinner Discussion Question: What is your favorite vacation spot?
- Dinner Recipe: Italian Vegetable Quinoa Bowls from The Shiksa From the Kitchen
- Dinner Discussion Question: What can you not live without during the summer?
- Dinner Recipe: Garlic, Basil, and Parmesan Quinoa from Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Dinner Discussion Question: What is your favorite summer look?
- Dinner Recipe: Salsa Chicken from My Kinda Rain
- Dinner Discussion Question: What is your favorite movie?
- Dinner Recipe: Quinoa Burritos from The Mommydom Chronicles
- Dinner Discussion Question: Do you like the mountains or the beach? Why?
- Dinner Recipe: Feta-Watermelon Quinoa from Cookin Lean
- Dinner Discussion Question: How do you keep cool in the summer?
Enough with the savory portion of the meal, bring on the dessert! We’re featuring Magic Bars with Chocolate & Coconut for this week’s dessert!
Meal Plan and Grocery Shopping List Free Printable
Is your mouth watering yet? We can’t wait to give these recipes a try this week! If you’re interested in trying some or all of these recipes, be sure to fill out the Mom It Forward Meal Plan and Grocery Shopping List Free Printable before you head to the store!
Be sure to stop by the comments section of this post or on our Facebook page and let us know how your family members answered the discussion questions. We would love to hear what your family shared at the dinner table!
Disclaimer: This post is part of our Weekly Meal Plan series. Each week, we share recipes and photos from bloggers around the web. We have been given permission to use all links and photos in this series. A huge thanks goes out to all of the bloggers who helped us create this delicious menu! If you have recipes on your site that you would like for us to feature, please be sure to fill out this form.
Top photo and featured photo courtesy of Flickr.
Latest posts by Marissa Huntsman (see all)
- Meal Plan: Perfect Picnic Sandwiches - July 11, 2017
- Parents: How Fathers Can Build Relationships With Their Kids - May 30, 2017
- Best of — Family Vacation Tips - May 24, 2017