Pineapple Teriyaki Burgers
Are you as big of a sucker as I am for a juicy burger? Don't give up grilling just because it's fall. Think of how warm you'll be when you fire it is. Quite literally, my mouth is watering just thinking about this hamburger and cold weather or not, this is on my mealtime line up this week.
- 1 pound of fresh ground beef (for those of you with a stand mixer, here is your chance to use the grinder attachment)
- 1 large carrot, finely shredded
- 1 tsp. of fresh grated ginger
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce split in half
- 1-3 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes, depending on your heat preference
- 4 rings of fresh pineapple, thickly-sliced
- 1 small red onion, thickly-sliced
- In a large bowl, mix the beef, carrot, ginger, egg, half of the teriyaki sauce, and red pepper flakes just until blended. Do not overmix. Divide into 4 equal amounts and press into patties.
- Place pineapple slices, red onions, and patties on the grill. Cook them until they have grill marks, 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Cook patties to your liking. I prefer medium rare.
- Just before taking the patties off of the grill, pour the remaining teriyaki sauce on them.
- Serve on fresh buns stacked high with the grilled pineapple slices and red onions.
Krissy Stark is a food enthusiast who loves to mix it up when she cooks. Her work is brought to you by a baby clothes boutique in an effort give back to the parenting community. Pay it forward – check out their adorable selection of baby accessories and shower gifts.
Latest posts by Lori (see all)
- Summer Fun: How to Save Money on Summer Trips - May 30, 2019
- Mother’s Day: How to Make New Mother’s Day Traditions - May 4, 2019
- Family Games: Fun Outdoor Summer Games for the Family - April 26, 2019