Working it Out by Working Out
Relationships—Studies have shown that those who work out together grow a stronger bond. Therapist Dr. Whipple explained that exercising releases endorphins that make us happy and we naturally feel closer to those we are happy with. Take the opportunity with your spouse to get in shape and better your relationships at the same time. Discuss work out plans, encourage and motivate each other and have fun while doing it.
Finding time to work out together may be hard in your busy overlapping schedules but try to find a time if not everyday, once a week when you can come together and do something active together as well as see how the other has progressed through the week.
Here are some ideas to get you moving:
- Take a dance class.
- Join an adults’ sports team at your local activity center.
- Go running together.
- Find a new hike everyday.
- Take a bike ride to the park and play tennis.
- Get moving at home with your Wii or Xbox Connect.
- Go swimming.
- Find a sport you both enjoy and go whenever possible. Challenge each other to a basketball game or to a race down the ski slope.
- Create and follow a workout routine you can do at home or at the gym.
- Sign up for a race such as a run or triathlon and work toward your goal together.
If it’s too hard for you to find a regular meeting time, make sure the time you do have together is filled with active activities that get your heart racing for more than one reason.
Who do you exercise with?
Photo Courtesy of Flickr
Latest posts by Cambria VandeMerwe (see all)
- Family Traditions: How to Set Up an Easter Egg Hunt - March 27, 2018
- Weekly Meal Plan: Famous Italian Food Recipes - March 13, 2018
- Spring Education: Lessons Learned From the Sky - March 6, 2018